Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viking - non-delivery of goods

Options
  • 17-12-2020 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Anyone else ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Red Sheds

No issues, find them excellent, they even rang me to apologise for not including the free box of kit kats with my last order and send it out seperately

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Thanks Red. I also found them great.
    This time though I have found impossible to get a proper reply from them .

Three weeks now and no answer from Viking with an expected delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

adrian92 wrote: »
    Anyone else ?

I had an issue with them earlier in the year, an office chair that didn't arrive within the expected delivery window. Turned out that it wasn't even in stock even though the website said it was. I eventually got it but it took weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I had a few orders with them delivered with no issue earlier in December. Find them great to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Impossible to get them to stop delivering.

Catalogues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

Ordered a chair late November. Took about 3 days longer than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

I ordered an office chair from them a few months ago. The first one arrived with a tear on the back and no screws. I got a replacement and it also had no screws!

I got my money back quick enough. It was my first time ordering from them. Maybe I was just unlucky and it was a bad batch but I'd be reluctant to order something like that again.

Delivery was very fast.

Seems like a first for Viking.

Paid first day of December.

Still waiting for the item or any response from Viking.

Perhaps my case is unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

adrian92 wrote: »
    Seems like a first for Viking.

Paid first day of December.

Still waiting for the item or any response from Viking.

Perhaps my case is unusual

Not a first, I already told you I had an issue earlier. Get on their online chat, it takes ages but it's the best way to get an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭imtired999

I placed an order on 21 November. The Viking website says the product was delivered but when you click on the tracking the UPS website says the item hasn't even been collected from Viking. Needless to say I haven't received the item.

I've been onto Viking customer service "chat" twice. The first time they asked me to wait until last Friday and hopefully it would arrive. Nothing arrived. I got back onto "chat" on Tuesday this week and they said that they would have to investigate. I told them that if it wasn't resolved buy close of business the next day, I would be instructing my credit card to do a chargeback.

At no stage in the "chats" with customer service did they say the item had been delivered - despite their website saying so.

I won't be buying from them again.

• Advertisement

imtired999 wrote: »
    I placed an order on 21 November. The Viking website says the product was delivered but when you click on the tracking the UPS website says the item hasn't even been collected from Viking. Needless to say I haven't received the item.

I've been onto Viking customer service "chat" twice. The first time they asked me to wait until last Friday and hopefully it would arrive. Nothing arrived. I got back onto "chat" on Tuesday this week and they said that they would have to investigate. I told them that if it wasn't resolved buy close of business the next day, I would be instructing my credit card to do a chargeback.

At no stage in the "chats" with customer service did they say the item had been delivered - despite their website saying so.

I won't be buying from them again.

I finally got an email from Viking yesterday to say that they cannot provide the item because out of stock and did not know when would be available but that they would keep my money

Well done to Viking. They arranged a refund . Maybe that they are not so bad after all

Advertisement