Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB ruined their app with broken authentication

• 17-12-2020 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

It doesn't work on my tablet as it thinks it's a phone so won't authenticate.
    Then when I try it on my phone it leaves me waiting for ages, prompts me to do security update every time I try to login and leaves me waiting for about 40 seconds after agreeing then authentication failed.
    So it doesn't work on my tablet and now it won't work on my phone.
    It's been turned into a useless app now.
    Whenever it was working it was so slow and frustrating to log in.
    Where should I go to complain about their now horrendous useless joke of an app?
    If I want to do online banking is there a way of bypassing the app and this stupid slow authentication ****?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yeah, keeps tellig you to update even though youve update umpteen times. Seems to have messed up. I'm too afraid to uninstall as I dont have a card reader. Disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭blackbox

When logging in on pc I now have to click resend at least once to get it to authenticate.

Initially it used to nearly always work first time.

It needs a bit of work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Just checked mine on the phone and it is fine. I've never had issues with their app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Yeah, keeps tellig you to update even though youve update umpteen times. Seems to have messed up. I'm too afraid to uninstall as I dont have a card reader. Disaster
    I managed to get into it after through limited access.
    That option popped up for me after opening it via the play store.
    All I wanted to do was check my balance so it let me do that.
    Hope that helps you.
    I want to stress though the app is horrendous and I'm not happy with it.
    AIB are mean and are charging bank charges in a pandemic and also brought that in during a lockdown which is scummy so we're entitled to at least an app that works properly.
    It's an absolute pain to use now.

Advertisement