Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make Insurance Claim?

Options
  • 17-12-2020 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Ran into the back of someone and caused roughly €3000 damage to his van, plus around €1000 to my own (decided to buy a new car as wasn't worth fixing).

Thankfully he isn't look for a payout and only want's the van repaired in full.

Wondering would I be better off paying for repairs myself or going through my insurance?

Im 27 yo male with 1 years no claims and only had full licence for 1 year...

When i added a claim of €3000 to AXA online quote it only raised the premium by €300, worried however if i go through insurance that wouldn't be true and my premium would skyrocket?

Thanks
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

You can go through insurance, and once you see the impact on the premium, offer to reimbourse the insurance company for the claim.

I know AXA and a few others used to offer this (it may be in fact something they are obliged to do). The risk is that if the claimant changes their mind about injuries you may lose control of the costs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Advertisement