Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Ad ?

Options
  • 17-12-2020 11:52am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone help me with this, i was talking recently to my wife about ads from our childhood and i remembered an Ad that i think was for the Super Nintendo, but i cant find anything about it anywhere. Now this might sound crazy, but if anyone will remember it, it will be someone in here..

I think it was an ad for the Super Nintendo, but it was something about a stick. Like he got a new stick for Christmas or something.. or the stick was his friend..

I know its sounds crazy, am i imagining this, am i going insane???

Did nintendo do some promo Joke ads with a stick in it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You're definitely not going mad and I remember this too!

Not sure if it was a Nintendo ad? I do remember an ad years ago where someone got a stick. Have a memory of him holding the stick to his face in a weird kind of hug.

/edit: Can't find anything anywhere, although it's a hard thing to search for.

The clear explanation here is that this has been caused by the Mandela Effect and we're both from an alternative dimension/timeline :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not a Nintendo advert. It was for Playstation. It was one of the SAP adverts.

Really liked those adverts but this one I felt wasn't as good because it was a rip off of Ren and Stimpy's 'log' sketches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

yeh that sounds like it! maybe i imagined the Nintendo part, but i was sure it was something to do with Nintendo. it might have been something else out around the same time.

Edit: missed your post there while i was posting this, you are right of course, playstation.. thats been wrecking my head for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

zinzan wrote: »

Thats it! Playstation.. thanks a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭itguyinaction

Just for simple curiosity, what is the situation with copyright for old ads, ex. 30-40 years old? Is that possible to use them for YouTube videos without any restrictions or no?

Advertisement