Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrical safety

Options
  • 17-12-2020 12:14pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1

Does anyone know if there's something similar to these regulations here?
    [I can't post link because I'm new. It's a link to gov.uk and title of the document is "guide-for-landlords-electrical-safety-standards-in-the-private-rented-sector" if you want to search for it]

I'm looking to ask the landlord to check the sockets of my flat and wondering what's the best way to go about it? Some wiring in the place is old or fixtures are loose, I'd say it hasn't been in checked in a while.

I would like all the sockets to be checked, by a qualified electrician, and a cert to say that they are safe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Is there anything particular that makes you think the place is unsafe? How long are you in there? If you would "like" it checked, then get it done yourself, it will cost you. If it "needs to be checked", then the LL probably needs to get it done

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

wondering7 wrote: »
    [I can't post link because I'm new. It's a link to gov.uk and title of the document is "guide-for-landlords-electrical-safety-standards-in-the-private-rented-sector" if you want to search for it]

I'm looking to ask the landlord to check the sockets of my flat and wondering what's the best way to go about it? Some wiring in the place is old or fixtures are loose, I'd say it hasn't been in checked in a while.

I would like all the sockets to be checked, by a qualified electrician, and a cert to say that they are safe.

What’s the exact problem?

There’s a difference between needing to be checked and wanting them to be checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

wondering7 wrote: »

If you are worried then why don’t you pay for it ?

Advertisement