Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valhalla or Demon Souls?

Options
  • 17-12-2020 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭

If you were to get one which would you get? Very different games i know but have finished MM and Bugsnax so looking for some more PS5 goodness.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Demon’s Souls, 100%. It’s one of the all time greats.

Valhalla’s pretty solid for an open-world Ubisoft game, but you know what you’re getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

jones wrote: »
    If you were to get one which would you get? Very different games i know but have finished MM and Bugsnax so looking for some more PS5 goodness.

I suppose it boils down to a few things.

Demon Souls takes about 20-25 hours to complete so it is significantly quicker to finish than Valhalla. It looks great in its own way and has the lovely lore etc that we are used to in an Souls game. Although it does come with a word of warning... If you like smashing your head off brick walls, crying yourself to sleep at night and replacing your console controller every 72 hours then its the game for you. In order words its challenging and if you are not used to Souls games you might struggle.

Valhalla on the other hand is averaging out at about 80 hours, if you just focus on main story only you are still looking at 40+ hours and if you want everything you could easily sink 130+ hours into it. It looks beautiful, but does suffer from a few bugs and the combat for me is very iffy. Its not challenging in the slightest and is a game you can chill with. Can get boring, fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Cheers for the replies folks. I honestly think i'll enjoy both games - i love bloodborne and also the Ubisoft farcry type open wold games so i'll probably end up getting both at some stage. I heard Valhalla had a lot of bugs at launch but the seem to have been mostly sorted now. I was a bit shocked to see Demon Souls was €80 on PSN but i'm sure i can get it cheaper. Think i'll start with demon souls and then go Valhalla

Cheers again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Demon souls 70 in symths now. Only 10 euro off bit can trade in when finished for assassins creed which should drop in price in January.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Valhalla, there is no contest between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Demon's Souls is the only answer.

It's a choice between one of the all time greats and another ubisoft game that plays like the last ubisoft game you played.

Advertisement