Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to continue a saved game on the ps4 on your ps5

• 17-12-2020 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

I have AC Valhalla saved on my ps4. It's actually on my external hd. I have just gotten a PS5 . I'm pretty far into the game and don't want to start again. I suppose I could just continue playing on my ps4 but if the option is there is like to continue playing on the ps5. Can someone please tell me what to do if it is possible

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I have AC Valhalla saved on my ps4. It's actually on my external hd. I have just gotten a PS5 . I'm pretty far into the game and don't want to start again. I suppose I could just continue playing on my ps4 but if the option is there is like to continue playing on the ps5. Can someone please tell me what to do if it is possible

I've continued a PS4 game(not AC Valhalla) on my PS5, my save was in the cloud and then downloaded to PS5.

EDIT:
    Game was on external drive on PS4 but I downloaded to PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I plugged the external hd and transferred the data from the hd to the ps5 storage. It's still looking for me to download the game so we will see what happens. That will take s few hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

This hasn't worked for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Did you download your saved game from the cloud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Did you download your saved game from the cloud?

What Johnny said...

You need to download all your ps4 game saves from the cloud to the ps5 console before you will be able to load them on the PS5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Just to add to that make sure it is the correct and most recent save. I loaded up F1 2020 and the save was from a previous season. Had to go back into the cloud and find the correct save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Also, I wouldn't download them all, just download the ones you want as you need them. They all add up with the limited storage on the PS5. But downloading one at a time has worked for me on Ghost of Tsushima, NBA 2K20 (which isn't supposed to work at all! FU 2021), Rocket League, Subnautica, etc. So yeah, it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it can depend on whether you're playing the ps4 version on the ps5 or have upgraded to the ps5 version of the game. For the latter I think within the game they might have a specific path to upload your save from the ps4 version to the ps5 version.

For example the Spiderman games. You had to upload your save from within the actual game menu on ps4, then download it from same from the ps5 version within the game itself (eg not just copying the save file from your ps4 to ps5).

A quick Google says you have to upload your Valhalla save to ubisoft connect in the main menu of the game on PS4, and then you can download it from the main menu of the game on PS5.

Advertisement