Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post shoddy delivery service lately

Options
  • 17-12-2020 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

I know it's a busy Christmas post season but the level of service I've received has been the worst year I can remember. Seems always at Christmas our regular postmen gets switched to somewhere else and the replacement post men don't seem to care.

In recent weeks we are getting ordinary letter post to the house where the intended house is a kilometre up the road. Recently getting post for houses either side. I can only imagine this cuts down the leg work of the post man, why deliver to 3 houses when you can just deliver to one.

Another thing is they aren't putting post or packages in the An Post DeliveryBox as only the regular post man seems to have the keys.

Just yesterday I arrived home to find letter's sticking out of the door letterbox and one on the ground outside swirling around. Could they not be dropped inside as to secure the post rather than wedged in like junk mail.

And local postal managers don't seem to want to know as it doesn't reflect well on them if it's formally acknowledged.

Wondering is anyone else experiencing similar?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

We have our regular postman, but he has stopped using the delivery box. It's only used if a parcel comes separately in a van now. It's a pain as we have a dog who chews post. I have been wondering about it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I’ve noticed the regular post being very sporadic and inconsistent the past couple of weeks. One day I may get four of five items in my letterbox (including Christmas cards) but then for three or four days, nothing at all.

I live in inner suburban North Dublin city.

I apparently missed delivery of 2 items from An Post last week. I didn't know this as there was no An Post Attempted Delivery notice put in my door so I didn't go down to my local depot to collect. I had no idea they attempted to deliver the items until the seller I bought items off said they had been returned to them.

Went to the Depot to ask why I had got no Attempted Delivery Notice. Apparently its because its a new temporary postman. My regular fella always leaves items over my side gate or failing that an Attempted Delivery notice so I go to Depot to collect. New guy just threw them back in the van, no explanation, and they got sent back to the seller!

Advertisement