Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Property to rent Twin Towns area??

• 17-12-2020 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking for a bit of help. A family members current property has been sold and they need to find an alternative place to live. They have asked me to help them. I've taken a look on Daft.ie, Donedeal and the Dealer however there is not much selection at all.

I'm taking a punt here and hoping that if someone knows of any properties for rent (only require something small) if you could drop me a PM.

Or if people could recommend any estate agents I should check out too it would be great.

Right now I'd consider anywhere from Lifford to Finntown to Letterkenny and everywhere in between.

Thanks in advance,

WM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Rental properties are not that plentiful and have been like that for some time particularly in the Finn Valley area. Its not that there's none to begin with but its just that there's none / few available. There is a big demand and there's a reasonable turnover as in tenants moving out and new tenants moving in. A lot of moving tenants will pass on details to friends and family who may be looking to rent so they in turn contact the landlords / landladies directly and hence the property is never advertised.

You've covered the main places to look but I would also keep a lookout in the classified sections of local newspapers. If you're on Facebook then ask there also. Keep an eye out in shops like Andies, Mace, Maguires, Alexanders etc for small hand written ads on display close to the checkout areas. Lidl used to allow those but I dont know if thats still the case.

Local auctioneers / estate agents would be Henry Kee, Charlene Patton and Mark McConnell.

Of the top of my head I cant think of any properties at the moment but if I do I'll let you know.

Any preference on a flat or house or indeed how many bedrooms would be required?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

Thanks Muffler.

It needs to only be a property for a single person.

Anyone care to recommend any estate agents in Letterkenny?

Advertisement