Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank draft validity

• 17-12-2020 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have a bank draft from ptsb from December last year that I have just tried to lodge into kbc in a branch office. It was my limited understanding that bankers drafts don't go out of date as they are withdraw from the account holders acc straight away and are now funded from the bank . I know checks are different but kbc just too o e look at it and said no , ptsb cant verify its valid for me cause the person who gave it to me has to so this . Anyone have any Info on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's not clear from your post what KBC are asking you to do. By what mechanism do they expect you to get the drawer (the person who sourced the draft and handed it to you) to 'verify' the draft?

If you're still in contact with the drawer and can trust him or her, the quickest solution will be to hand them the draft and ask them to go back to PTSB and ask for a new draft.

Or you could endorse the original draft (sign the back of it) and ask someone with a PTSB account to see if they could lodge it to their account. They then pay you the money. There might be less resistance if you lodge it in a PTSB banch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I suggest you ask to speak to senior personnell at KBC and insist they accept the banker's draft. Bank drafts do not expire. Its drawn on Permanent TSB. This is what happens when employees in banks understand little about banking. What exactly did KBC ask you to do with the bank draft.

Advertisement