Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from AA to Allianz: NCB verification

Options
  • 17-12-2020 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

Looking for some guidance as I have recently moved to Ireland and am not too familiar with the system here. I have been with AA for the past 2 years for my car insurance and now switched to Allianz as I got a better quote when purchased online. I was asked to submit my ncb certificate which I emailed them last Thursday. My new policy has not been activated yet and I am being told that they are waiting for my insurer to verify my NCB. My car insurance expired on 14th and I'm without an insurance now.

After calling customer care a few times, they mentioned they emailed AXA to verify and then when I called AXA they said they would not have details on the policies purchased through broker (AA in my case). So I told Allianz this and they said they will then ask the broker for verification. This sounds very strange that they would not know who to contact if this is a standard thing. I cannot be the only one that switched to them from an AXA broker.

I would have thought switching an insurer is straight forward. Is this verification normal and how long would it take typically. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? Or should I go back to AA and pay the extra 300 quid and renew with them. Any ideas, please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 padraig737

That's annoying for you.

Last year when I switched to Aviva, I had six weeks of temporary cover until I sent my license (I was waiting for my license to be renewed so the old one was no good to them). Surely they could put you on temporary cover like with me. The policy and disc was dated for 6 weeks and then the actual policy was sent out. I had switched from Chill so it's a similar enough situation

At the end of the day, all they need to do is make a simple call.

Advertisement