Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing a warning

Options
  • 17-12-2020 7:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

Earlier on today, a poster posted a link to someone getting two months in prison for not wearing a mask in the mask thread in the coronavirus forum. The news piece said the person told the guards they had an exemption and when asked to prove their exemption, they couldn't.

There is another poster who openly talked about using a fake exemption letter and said the guards can't do anything about it... Well, clearly that's not the case anymore... I made a comment asking if the guy who received the prison sentence was this poster.

I received a warning saying I was being aggressive and confrontational, which I wasn't. I think this is an unfair warning and I want it reversed.

Thank you.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this with the mod via PM?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this with the mod via PM?

Yes I have. They won't go back on their decision.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I will alert the CMods. Please be prepared to post or forward your PM conversation if a CMod asks for it

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Away with the Fairies,

I can look into this for you. Please either forward the PM conversation with the moderator to me or post them here.

Thanks.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I can look into this for you. Please either forward the PM conversation with the moderator to me or post them here.

Thanks.

Hi ancapailldorcha

I forgot about this, so sorry about the delay. Just forwarded on the PM to you there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi ancapailldorcha

I forgot about this, so sorry about the delay. Just forwarded on the PM to you there.

No worries. Bear with me.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I've decided to uphold the warning.

You responded to a post about illegal activity by calling out and baiting another poster. I don't know if there's history here or what your motivation was. Calling out posters like this is uncivil and not permitted on the forum.

Let me know if you would like an admin to review this.

I've decided to uphold the warning.

You responded to a post about illegal activity by calling out and baiting another poster. I don't know if there's history here or what your motivation was. Calling out posters like this is uncivil and not permitted on the forum.

Let me know if you would like an admin to review this.

The same poster has been trolling on that thread for months saying there's no issue with wearing a mask but he just chooses not to. And said he would get his doctor friend to write him a letter just to get out of wearing a face mask. There's no genuine exemption from that poster. And they thought they would get away with it and that the guards cannot do anything... Well it turns out the guards can do something about it, so that's why I asked if it was him.

It's beyond me why you allow him to troll away on that thread. And I get a warning for pointing out that the guards can do something about it.

Yes, I want it to go to admin. Thanks

I'll request an admin review for you now.

I have had a look at this

The topic was Masks in the context of Covid 19

You posted

"Is that you ****?" (username removed) in the context of a post referring to a person being jailed

Without doubt that is baiting the other poster. In addition though you should be discussing the topic, not another user. Hence your appeal fails on two counts - baiting and discussing another user.

I am therefore upholding the card

• Advertisement
Advertisement