Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough pubs of Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Augeo wrote: »
    I specifically said one of them. Don't be generalising my post kid.

Anyone connected to the flynns and crinnions etc at the time were druggie scum, kieran got his just desserts via real IRA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Yup, that's what I said.

As a guy who's brother died of a heroin overdose a few years ago in mccdonalds toilets all dealers of druggies are scum and their families who gain by their criminality are equally as bad

.... They have relatives who weren't involved in drugs/crime

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

.... They have relatives who weren't involved in drugs/crime

I know one of the men that was sentenced for the incident with the cameraman, I have been friends with him and his family many decades through hunting and fishing, he or any of his family never had anything to do with drugs.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I know one of the men that was sentenced for the incident with the cameraman, I have been friends with him and his family many decades through hunting and fishing, he or any of his family never had anything to do with drugs.

You don’t have to be involved in drugs to be a scumbag, chasing an innocent man off a roof, beat him up causing him serious injury gets you membership of the club. As does using the excuse that the camera men shouldn’t have been there.

• Advertisement

.....all dealers of druggies are scum and their families who gain by their criminality are equally as bad

What about their relatives who don't gain?

Dav010 wrote: »
    Y..... As does using the excuse that the camera men shouldn’t have been there.

Lol.... Veiled insults.... Sad fncker

You don’t have to be involved in drugs to be a scumbag, chasing an innocent man off a roof, beat him up causing him serious injury gets you membership of the club. As does using the excuse that the camera men shouldn’t have been there.

Thanks for clearing that up Dav, would never have figured all that out by myself due to my sheltered existence.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

I'd class any users as bad as dealers TBH. It's no secret the supply chain is criminality.
    Anyone that snorts is as good or bad as any dealer IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Rather interesting views here.

Selling drugs = bad
    Throwing someone off a roof = harmless.

• Advertisement

Throwing someone off a roof = harmless.

The lad I was referring to played a relatively minor part in the incident. He threw no one off a roof.

You've a history of rewriting stuff though so off with you.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

byronbay2 wrote: »
    I enjoyed many a quiet afternoon in there during my college years, while studiously (geddit?) ensuring I was long gone well before closing time.

Often did the same myself.

The lad I was referring to played a relatively minor part in the incident. He threw no one off a roof.

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

A relatively minor role? So he’s a relatively minor scumbag. Why would you be defending someone involved in an incident where serious harm was done to an innocent person doing their job?

A relatively minor role? So he’s a relatively minor scumbag. Why would you be defending someone involved in an incident where serious harm was done to an innocent person doing their job?

You seem to determined to keep a one track mind with regard to this situation.

Personally it doesn't bother me as I think you're just a curtain twitcher type person looking for information.

I'm not defending him, I said ....
    One of the lads who did that is a real harmless lad, lovely chap. Funerals are no place for TV cameras & reporters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Far as I remember the lad in Sidetrax started off and a choke hold by security went badly wrong.

Micheal Crinnion was lured out to a phone box across the road from the three ones where he was shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

I just didn’t want to be the one to say it. The Flynn’s were his in laws, alas Kieran in 2001.

I’ll say nothing about the sons, that’s for another chapter
    The Manhattan pub where one of the sons killed a man used to be rough, mostly because of people like them. It's closed a decade now I reckon. Looks like it would have been a nice pub if it wasn't ruined by thugs.

The other son was in the year behind me in school. Got done for dealing heroin a few years back and then stabbed someone in the back during a burglary in Clashduv within months of being released. Dunno what his status is now, but knowing our justice system he walks among us.

Anyone who knows Cork and Sir Henrys knows that small alley between Henrys and the car park. Having a sit down and a smoke before heading in to Henrys and a member of that family walked past with a couple of friends and without breaking a stride punched me full into the jaw and just kept going. I went to the same school as him so knew to sit there and take it. AC.

The Manhattan pub where one of the sons killed a man used to be rough, mostly because of people like them. It's closed a decade now I reckon. Looks like it would have been a nice pub if it wasn't ruined by thugs.

The other son was in the year behind me in school. Got done for dealing heroin a few years back and then stabbed someone in the back during a burglary in Clashduv within months of being released. Dunno what his status is now, but knowing our justice system he walks among us.

Deerpark ?

• Advertisement

Heckler wrote: »
    Far as I remember the lad in Sidetrax started off and a choke hold by security went badly wrong.

Micheal Crinnion was lured out to a phone box across the road from the three ones where he was shot.

He was asked for in a phone call to An Clannad, the phone was very near the door so he was able to take the receiver outside the door to hear and speak better.

There was a phone box across the road at the time and it is suspected the killer made the call from it to lure him outside the door of the packed pub.

I played football with him many years ago. There is no defending what he did but I always found him to be a respectful and decent guy who never caused anyone any hassle, and apart from that incident has lived a very quiet life unconnected to crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Like I said, I didn't witness it. Did you?

I sure you have as much proof that the tape didn't dissappear as I have that it did.

It's not really relevant to me whether the unfortunate person was beaten to death inside or outside. A person was beaten to death.

Are you defending those who did this?

I would actually be on friendly terms with one of the deceased gentleman's son's. Not personally but on social media.

I would actually be on friendly terms with one of the deceased gentleman's son's. Not personally but on social media.

Mr Moynihan, Mr Crinnion or Mr Delaney's son?
    The posts you quoted are about two different people.

Not being smart, but I think there's only one way to be friendly with someone, and that's personally.

Mr Moynihan, Mr Crinnion or Mr Delaney's son?
    The posts you quoted are about two different people.

Mr Delaney's son.

Not being smart, but I think there's only one way to be friendly with someone, and that's personally.

Never met the man. We chat on social media, that's it.

Never met the man. We chat on social media, that's it.

Again, not being smart but you're not friends with him. Just as I am not friends with you, despite the fact that we are chatting here on Boards.

Again, not being smart but you're not friends with him. Just as I am not friends with you, despite the fact that we are chatting here on Boards.

Not being smart but your opinion don't matter to me :) You have your opinion i have mine, disagree all you like

• Advertisement

Not being smart but your opinion don't matter to me :) You have your opinion i have mine, disagree all you like

Fair enough, I was just pointing out the obvious, which I don't think is a matter of opinion.

Advertisement