Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough pubs of Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Steeple was interesting alright, and the one on Shandon St (with all the mirrors)
    Mick Allen had it for a while, till he titbeyto dealing the bastard,,,, went up to Derry with me in 79, led the bloody Sunday march, huge honour at the time, then he did this,greedy boy

Don't know the bar on Shandon Street with all the mirrors, can't make much sense of the rest of your post but knew Micky Allen and his friends well enough.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Don't know the bar on Shandon Street with all the mirrors, can't make much sense of the rest of your post but knew Micky Allen and his friends well enough.

Old reliable I think?
    Micks brother Frank is a different fish, v straight, unlike his druggie brother
    Ps mick was done for having large amounts of drugs etc, jailed from memory

Old reliable I think?
    Mick brother Frank is a different fish, v straight, unlike his druggie brother

The Old Reliable was about as rough as a silk sheet.

Great bunch of characters drank in there and it was a favourite place for myself and my brothers and friends when we wanted to go on the lash and be in good company.

Top businessmen, journalists, international athletes and all round sound blokes drank in there and there was never any airs or graces.

One of the last pubs in Ireland to only have a gents toilet.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Steeple was interesting alright, and the one on Shandon St (with all the mirrors)
    Mick Allen had it for a while, till he titbeyto dealing the bastard,,,, went up to Derry with me in 79, led the bloody Sunday march, huge honour at the time, then he did this,greedy boy

Oh Jesus, I think I've had conversations with you on here before.

Your shy way of mentioning how big and respected a republican you were just gave me a flashback.

Slán agus tóg go bog é.

Your shy way of mentioning how big and respected a republican you were just gave me a flashback.

Slán agus tóg go bog é.

I'm not big or republican kid, was republican, past, cop on little maneen, from Kerry

• Advertisement

Slán agus tóg go bog é.

Nothing shy about me bud, my past is v well known on Leeside, but there it remains, of course you can pm me boy anytime and meet up, I'll not dissapoint, and we shall see who's who kiddo, my little kerry shauneen, still anti republican, bar stiller, but obviously no balls to back it up

Nothing shy about me bud, my past is v well known on Leeside, but there it remains, of course you can pm me boy anytime and meet up, I'll not dissapoint, and we shall see who's who kiddo, my little kerry shauneen, still anti republican, bar stiller, but obviously no balls to back it up

You're grand, thanks for the invitation anyway.

Ah go on be a devil

• Registered Users Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

An early contestant for cliched post of the year.

Dav010 wrote: »
    An early contestant for cliched post of the year.

It'll be very hard to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I thought he was giving u a compliment. I’ll unthank the post. Were u in Derry when Bloddy Sunday happened. I just visited the bog side this summer and the free Derry museum.

fin12 wrote: »
    I thought he was giving u a compliment. I’ll unthank the post. Were u in Derry when Bloddy Sunday happened. I just visited the bog side this summer and the free Derry museum.

No I went up with Cork sf in 78/79 for a bloody Sunday remembrance march, ended up staying 20 yrs, Doherty Fort is a class museum, ref other chap he's anti republican for some reason, he slated Bobby Sands and company on another thread, I didn't let him away with it,,,,, check back on his posts or replies

Way back little maneen

No I went up with Cork sf in 78/79 for a bloody Sunday remembrance march, ended up staying 20 yrs, Doherty Fort is a class museum, ref other chap he's anti republican for some reason, he slated Bobby Sands and company on another thread, I didn't let him away with it,,,,, check back on his posts or replies

Lovely city Derry. Hope to go up there again next summer.

Really?

Whenever you get a chance there you might throw up the posts you are referring to.

No hurry, whenever suits you. It's a long old holiday for some and I appreciate that.

Really?

Whenever you get a chance there you might throw up the posts you are referring to.

No hurry, whenever suits you. It's a long old holiday for some and I appreciate that.

Quote: Rows Grower
    I'm very proud of my heritage but credit where it's due you have to hand it to the Rangers fans for the chant they would sing at the Old Firm games at the time.

That was part of your snide remarks ref Bobby Sands dying of hunger strike,

Only further dialogue with you will come out of a meeting arrangement via pm,if you've the balls, keyboard warrior, and nothing else,
    waiting for pm shauneen, I'll certainly meet you to discuss face to face, grow a pair in the mean time

Only further dialogue with you will come out of a meeting arrangement via pm,if you've the balls, keyboard warrior, and nothing else,
    waiting for pm shauneen, I'll certainly meet you to discuss face to face, grow a pair in the mean time

Dear God, he’s a cliche machine.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Dear God, he’s a cliche machine.

Dear God he's a man who doesen't bow down to the likes of a plastic paddy like Rose Grower, if that's hard to understand I give up,well that's your problem not mine, I've strong opinions on ppl dying on hunger strike for our country and will not let the likes of him treat them with dishonour as he did on a previous thread

Dear God he's a man who doesen't bow down to the likes of a plastic paddy like Rose Grower, if that's hard to understand I give up,well that's your problem not mine, I've strong opinions on ppl dying on hunger strike for our country and will not let the likes of him treat them with dishonour as he did on a previous thread

I don’t see people’s indifference as a problem, I do see Republicans base instinct to respond with an underlying threat of violence as a cliche. Grow up, that stuff might play well in Derry, not down here though.

This is the kinda stuff that makes for rough pubs, how many fights result from differing opinions, then one says “step outside and we’ll sort it out, if you’ve got the balls”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Odelay

Lads, can ye head off to the nearest snug and have it out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

Odelay wrote: »

Maybe in the roughest pub in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Odelay wrote: »

I think it's a bedroom they need!
    All very fiery and passionate and how they switch from being best pals to absolute enemies so quickly. It's a beautiful romance!
    One is playing hard to get at the moment, though.
    Imagine the two toughest old guys in Cork in a beautiful friendship.

This thread has gone from boring to absolute class!

Quote: Rows Grower
    I'm very proud of my heritage but credit where it's due you have to hand it to the Rangers fans for the chant they would sing at the Old Firm games at the time.

That was part of your snide remarks ref Bobby Sands dying of hunger strike,

Lol, I'd forgotten that was what you got offended about. You truly are a devoted patriot.

For those that don't know the chant I was referring to, it was sung to the tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes" and the words were;

Would ya do a chicken supper Bobby Sands?
    Would you do a chicken supper, ya dirty fenian F**k*r
    Would you do a chicken supper Bobby Sands.

If you still feel like you want to discuss this in private, meet me at the top of Carrauntoohil at 5 o clock on Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9vWBWEGEnM

Lol, I'd forgotten that was what you got offended about. You truly are a devoted patriot.

For those that don't know the chant I was referring to, it was sung to the tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes" and the words were;

If you still feel like you want to discuss this in private, meet me at the top of Carrauntoohil at 5 o clock on Friday.

Ya and that’s a horrible nasty chant. And u like it?

Ya and that’s a horrible nasty chant. And u like it?

Five passed 5 Friday, Comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Cheers. Now I have this stuck in my head. I know where you'll be next Friday and I'll see you at ten past five.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

This is fuccking hilarious, fair play

Five passed 5 Friday, Comrade.

Ya don’t know what that means. So whatever u were trying to achieve was lost on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Ya don’t know what that means. So whatever u were trying to achieve was lost on me.

I think he wants to fight you at 5 past five, just after he's fought Cork's Finest.
    Hard man, don't you know.

Advertisement