Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough pubs of Cork

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I think he wants to fight you at 5 past five, just after he's fought Cork's Finest.
    Hard man, don't you know.

And once again,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KoKWf6pLs8

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

Interesting thread, people calling some of the pubs named here "rough" is hilarious. Pretty sure I know corks finest from his bouncing says around Cork too, would have worked in a pub he was on the door of about 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jgalvin

I used to walk home regularly 12+ years ago via Albert Quay / Victoria Road and there were a couple of those pubs next to the idle hour... The Port and the Marina - one of them was dodgy, can't remember one which it was. They used to do very cheap buckets of cider. On a number of occasions at the end of a Friday night I would encounter police taking people out of there, and I did run into one or two situations personally which made me change my route thereafter.

I agree that in general the pubs in Cork are not rough at all compared to other towns and cities, and are known for how strict the bouncers are. When you get outside the city it feels like the wild west. Cork Street, in the city of Dublin, on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Are you trying to tell me that you weren't serious about challenging two strangers from the Internet to a fight atop Ireland's highest mountain in a cold snap?

Thanks for setting me straight and saving me from travelling to Kerry and climbing a mountain to view said fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Are you trying to tell me that you weren't serious about challenging two strangers from the Internet to a fight atop Ireland's highest mountain in a cold snap?

Thanks for setting me straight and saving me from travelling to Kerry and climbing a mountain to view said fight.

Are you telling us you thought there was a chance he was being serious?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CharlieHaghy

Any pint to be got in the city?

Dav010 wrote: »

He certainly seemed to be doing a bit of attempted pointscoring anyway, IMO
    Hard man, don't you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think the Bodega and Arthur maynes are doing takeaway.

I would hope not. Takeaway pints etc have been discouraged......

https://www.thejournal.ie/takeaway-pints-micheal-martin-5317932-Jan2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Dav010 wrote: »

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

5k Limit (big leery ☺)

Advertisement