Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dualsense is a piece of ****e

• 17-12-2020 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Adaptive triggers are a disadvantage in FPS games.

There is something off with the rotation. It is just not right.

Too much resistance on buttons. Another disadvantage in FPS games.

Gimmicks that people buy into.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pretty sure you can turn them off in settings? You can on fifa anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No issues playing FPS for me.
    Turn off all that for FPS's.

Turn off aim assist too, horizontal and vertical sensitivity down to 2.
    Turn off non essential sounds too.

They'll all help in FPSs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

ShaneU wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can turn them off in settings? You can on fifa anyway

How? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

A good Marksman doesn't blame his tools ;p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Danick wrote: »
    How? Thanks

Go to settings, accessories, controllers, turn off vibration and trigger effect.

I turn them on when playing other games, as soon as I fire up an FPS, they get turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Adaptive triggers are a disadvantage in FPS games.

There is something off with the rotation. It is just not right.

Too much resistance on buttons. Another disadvantage in FPS games.

Gimmicks that people buy into.

It's definitely the most overrated aspect of the PS5 for sure. I'm not seeing the mind-blowing upgrade over the Dualshock that reviewers were talking of. There's very little difference in my experience with it and I'm not enjoying it at all, fortunately with Call of Duty you can turn that **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

loughrey wrote: »
    It's definitely the most overrated aspect of the PS5 for sure. I'm not seeing the mind-blowing upgrade over the Dualshock that reviewers were talking of. There's very little difference in my experience with it and I'm not enjoying it at all, fortunately with Call of Duty you can turn that **** off.

It depends on the game really. It's extremely noticable and very different to the DS4 in Astrobot, and even No Mans Sky to a degree, but some games don't utilise it so it tries to replicate the standard DS4 rumble. I would definitely leave it on for FPS campaigns, but for competitive I can see how it would detract.

I didn't know people also turn off the rumble on the DS4 for competitive FPS.

I adored it in Astro, found it hasn't been utilised in other games I'm playing but hope it's adopted in new titles. Found it to be really innovative. I can see why it might be disliked in competitive play but wouldn't remotely view it as a gimmick. Unless we're gonna categorise rumble etc as a gimmick.

Advertisement