Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESB eCars survey 18/12/2020

• 18-12-2020 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Can anybody get past question 4 on the survey?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

Survey has now been modified but still cant get past page one of the questions - oh dear.

question 3 is a bit of a silly one.
    I've used them twice in 6 months. So never is the answer?!
    Surly they can get this info from the accounts.

3. On average, over the past six months, how often have you used the ESB Public charging network?

Once a day
    Once a week
    Once a month
    Never

Have given up trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

Question 14 gave an error so I tried multiple things.
    I think this was the question on the app.

In the end removing the comment worked. Survey completed.
    Try removing comments and see if it will finish. App feedback to show user comments or suspicions of a faulty charger would have been my main comment. Arriving to a known bad charger when app says it is OK is the worst sin they routinely commit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Didnt get any survey?

• Advertisement

We want to hear from you

Dear EV Drivers,

Thank you for using the ESB public charging network. To help us improve our service, we would like to ask you a few questions about your experience with us.

Please click here to take part in a 5 minute survey. The survey will be live until 4th January 2021.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GLS5C76

We wish all of our customers a Merry Christmas.

Best wishes,

The ESB ecars team

Bixler3 wrote: »
    We want to hear from you

Dear EV Drivers,

Thank you for using the ESB public charging network. To help us improve our service, we would like to ask you a few questions about your experience with us.

Please click here to take part in a 5 minute survey. The survey will be live until 4th January 2021.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GLS5C76

We wish all of our customers a Merry Christmas.

Best wishes,

The ESB ecars team

Beware that adding comments may make the survey unusable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Bixler3 wrote: »
    Beware that adding comments may make the survey unusable

Surely a dedicated survey website can handle comments?

Wee bump for the link just above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Completed survey, added comments without issue.
    Suggest it is user error about adding comments, as the survey is hosted on survey monkey which generally works without issue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I just did the survey but this is a bug bear of mine and talks to their unprofessional approach
    Is there an ESB charger that you are aware of that does not have road markings to reserve it for electric vehicle charging and is regularly ICEd?

There are no ESB chargers, they are all Charge Points and no I am not being pedantic, they are the providers and they should get it right

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

slave1 wrote: »
    There are no ESB chargers, they are all Charge Points and no I am not being pedantic, they are the providers and they should get it right

The DC chargers are all chargers and not charge points ...

I think it's important for a consumer facing company to use language used by the consumer, there's no real harm in an average Joe calling it a "Charger" instead of a "Charge Point"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fair enough on the DC but there's a hell of a lot more AC versus DC so they should help educate the audience with the correct terminology.
    AC charger is simply incorrect.
    For me it's important to be correct when you are the leader in the public EV charger/charge point market, if they can't get it right it points to them not knowing their stuff IMHO

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

liamog wrote: »
    The DC chargers are all chargers and not charge points ...

I think it's important for a consumer facing company to use language used by the consumer, there's no real harm in an average Joe calling it a "Charger" instead of a "Charge Point"

The DC units are charge points at the same time though. They are a point at which you can charge, unless you mean "point" as in electrical contacts.
    I use the broad term, charge point rather than charger, as charger isn't always correct.

question 3 is a bit of a silly one.
    I've used them twice in 6 months. So never is the answer?!
    Surly they can get this info from the accounts.

3. On average, over the past six months, how often have you used the ESB Public charging network?

Once a day
    Once a week
    Once a month
    Never

Yeah, the answers don't match the question.

3. Over the past six months, approximately how often have you used the ESB Public charging network?
    Once a day
    Once a week
    Once a month
    Never

or

3. In an average month, over the past six months, how often have you used the ESB Public charging network?
    1-2
    3-5
    6-10
    10+

Not perfect, but at least logical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Kramer

Yeah, the answers don't match the question.

3. Over the past six months, approximately how often have you used the ESB Public charging network?

or

3. In an average month, over the past six months, how often have you used the ESB Public charging network?

How do they not already have this information though? The chargers/charge points can no longer be initiated with generic RFID cards. They have required payment for a year now, even the AC points for more than the last 6 months IIRC.

There's very few (if any) using the network without being direct eCars registered customers. If there are a few, i.e. a handful who have called up to pay by credit/debit card at a charge point, eCars wouldn't have their email addresses, so this survey wouldn't reach them.

Those questions make no sense to me - they should already know how often their customers used their charge points over the last 6 months - they've been billing them!!

:confused:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭markpb

The surveys are anonymous so I’m guessing they’re trying to link answers to usage frequency, ie are frequent users more/less happy than infrequent users.

Sentiment Vs facts. There's value in both.

A few free text answers too, which will be a nightmare to parse.

Have to say it took me a while to answer "what's positive about the network". I mean it's grand, but there's nothing outstandingly positive.

Negative was the lack of free vend when offline. Poor reliability shouldn't unnecessarily negatively impact the consumer.

Advertisement