Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic Powermax Complete - Panel Transformer Replacement

Options
  • 18-12-2020 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Have a Visonic Powermax Complete. Have had it about 8 years and the panel power transformer blew yesterday.

I have a second Powermax Complete that's unused so have replaced the blown transformer with the one from the second panel.

Although the specs on both transformers are identical (below), I was curious about some visual differences between the two transformers and whether it's safe to continue with the replacement?

The panel with the blown transformer is approx 8 years old, while the panel I've taken the replacement from is approx 6 years old.

Blown transformer
    Manufacture date on circuit board: 2009.06.03
    FY-0205 Rev.1D
    Input: AC90v - 264v (50Hz)
    Output: DC 12.5V 1.6A

Replacement transformer
    Manufacture date on circuit board: 2011.04.11
    FY-0411 Rev.1A
    Input: AC90v - 264v (50Hz)
    Output: DC 12.5V 1.6A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Work away, it is not at all strange to see a change in design on a product going forward.

The voltage is all that is important here and as you can see that is the same

Advertisement