Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ankle pain help

Options
  • 18-12-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi wonder has this happened to anyone or know why it is happening. I have started to get a pain in both of my ankle. Just below and above the bone that sticks out. When I walk up stairs it feel weak. All cycling has been on zwift. I have not changed my zwifting set up or changed shoes or anything, I have increased my time on the turbo to a min of 5hrs a week. I don't feel pain or anything on the bike. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭cletus

I'd get yourself to a physio. Medical advice on a public forum is next to useless

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mod note - it's not only next to useless, it's also not allowed.

if this has appeared without any change to bike setup, i think the usual 'go to a bike fitter' advice probably doesn't apply, and they'd probably also send you to someone who can examine you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Could it be your bike setup has been wrong from the start?

Do you have a road bike? Maybe switch to “Real” cycling? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Go to your GP. Start there then work your way back. Don't do it the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭cletus

At the risk of repeating myself, I'd suggest physio over doctor. Doctors deal with pathology. There's a strong likelihood that a doctor will give you an anti inflammatory and tell you to rest until the pain goes away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Definitely a physio.

But a few thoughts. Cleat wear? Changes in the cleat play?

If you're set up indoors, is your bike level? You're stuck in the one place, rather than the variation that comes with outdoors so if something is off you end up exaggerating it. But start with the physio, they might be able to tell you what type of move would cause the stress and you can work with that info

Advertisement