Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Doorbell History and Live Black Screen

• 18-12-2020 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Ok as per the above

Doorbell working for past 6 months then suddenly cannot connect to Live view and History only shows Black screen

Have Virgin router bridged to TP Link router and wifi speeds good

Rang ring and they said its do to with bad wifi and ports. Have not done the turn the router off an on yet

Have Hue bulbs outside and few around the house and installed 7 more Hue Bulbs yesterday inside house but checked speeds and still good

Ring customer service saying its to do with bad wifi and rign internet provider whom are virgin. I dont want to ring them as I could be all day onto them

Any suggestions as googling at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Ok as per the above

Doorbell working for past 6 months then suddenly cannot connect to Live view and History only shows Black screen

Have Virgin router bridged to TP Link router and wifi speeds good

Rang ring and they said its do to with bad wifi and ports. Have not done the turn the router off an on yet

Have Hue bulbs outside and few around the house and installed 7 more Hue Bulbs yesterday inside house but checked speeds and still good

Ring customer service saying its to do with bad wifi and rign internet provider whom are virgin. I dont want to ring them as I could be all day onto them

Any suggestions as googling at the moment

This happened me a few months ago. Ring were useless and just blamed my wifi or recommended a factory reset. I sent it back to the shop to be checked out and they gave me store credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Virgin won't support you with wifi connectivity to devices. Hue bulbs don't use your wifi directly, they connect to the Hue bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Its not back working again??

I was trying to explain to Ring that why it worked before and now was not and they kept on saying wifi was not strong??

I was looking at getting wifi extender but not sure if they are worth it?

is there anything out there to see whats working on the 5g network and what is on 2.4?

Not sure if one of them is overloaded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What could have happened here is that you are competing with neighbours WiFi. When you restart your router, it will looks for the best channels to use (e.g. channel 11). This might be fine inside the house, but outside a neighbour could be using channel 11 also. This may be causing connection issues for your camera.

I'd restart the WiFi router (the TP-Link device) and see what happens.

WiFi boosters generally a bad idea - far better to invest in a WiFi mesh system (which will replace your TP-Link device). But see what happens after a router restart. You can install a mobile app to scan for WiFi networks to see which are strong in different locations.

Advertisement