Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nVidia Control Panel

Options
  • 18-12-2020 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some feedback on the setting for the NVCP in relation to the 3090....what are the optimal settings. Usually I just go in and change to "Prefer Maximum Performance" should I be changing any other setting to improve the performance with the card.

Had a look on line there and alot of conflicting info going around, I know alot of you on here are regular wizzy kids!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Defaults are fine.

If you have G-Sync, set max frame rate to max monitor refresh minus three, turn G-Sync on and V-Sync on. Turn the equivalents off in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Alot of comments on putting the visuals on Max Performance over Quality.....whaddyathink?

I have an LG27850GL which is adaptive Sync. so will set that up to 140hz.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Alot of comments on putting the visuals on Max Performance over Quality.....whaddyathink?

Really doesn't make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's a 3090, might as well go max quality. I doubt there's much performance to be gained from the NV control panel anyway.

Leave most of the stuff like AA and AF up to the software although you could force AF x 16 on. It doesn't cost much/any performance anyway and really cleans up textures viewed at a steep angle but the games have their own setting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

mp3guy wrote: »
    Defaults are fine.

If you have G-Sync, set max frame rate to max monitor refresh minus three, turn G-Sync on and V-Sync on. Turn the equivalents off in game.

Dont do that.

Turn on G Sync and turn OFF V Sync if you have a G Sync monitor.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont do that.

TBH, yeah make sense.

I will give it a try.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont do that.

Wouldn't advise doing this - https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/

Interesting read, I will enable both of the next few days and see which performs the best.

Cheers for that link BTW.

Advertisement