Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with three taking money

• 18-12-2020 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, my elderly mother tried to upgrade her phone during the Black Friday sale, the 30th November. There was a problem with the 3 website and the orders weren’t going through but the money was being taken. As a result, my mother was charged almost 500e but told there was no order placed and so no phone to be received.
    After being passed from one person to another, receiving terrible customer service, she sent in the proof that the money was taken.
    They said that it could take 20 to 30 working days for the money to be returned to her.
    I couldn’t believe it could take this long. I called on her behalf, spoke to someone that couldn’t care less, spoke to their supervisor who gave me an incorrect email address to contact her on and promised me a phone call which never happened.
    In the meantime my mother, a pensioner, is without her 500e the week before Christmas and is without the phone she was trying to buy aswell.
    Is there anything I can do in this situation? I’m astounded that it takes so long for them to return money that they mistakenly took in the first place.
    The customer service is terrible, when you finally get through, the people just don’t seem to care.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

How was it paid? you can request a chargeback with the bank. If it was by direct debit then get it reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JP2000

How was it paid? you can request a chargeback with the bank. If it was by direct debit then get it reversed.

It was paid with her debit card. I told her to get on to the bank straightaway as I thought it would be pending for a day or two, like most purchases. The bank said it went through almost immediately though so there was nothing they could do from their side

Advertisement