Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 2 [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭josip

No but if it's done like the flu vaccine you'll get a card with name, date, batch number of vaccine embossed and nurse signature.

Could someone post a picture here of one for curiosity sake?
    I promise I won't fake a copy and use it for my hols :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Godot. wrote: »
    Have to wait until the middle of February for the 1st delivery ffs. How coincidental that coincides with the UK government's 'target'.

Prof Bulter said yesterday that Ireland is in direct discussion with AstraZeneca to have large quantities of the vaccine available when approved at the end of this month

As mentioned in this article that you've posted (no link so not sure where its from) delivery schedules are put together with the countries and the manufacturer.

Once the EU commission approve after EMA then its essentially up to the countries and the supplier.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Never happened with me or my wife. Maybe it's dependent on where you live, the HSE doesn't have uniform policy nationwide on lots of things, as we've found to our cost over the years.

I get it through work the past few years who use a private medic group

Have never gotten any records either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Depends

Are you looking at CourtTown or Crete? ;-)

I think travel between EU countries will be very open and even relatively safe (compared to now)

But I can't see places like South East Asia (Thailand etc) letting tourists fully back in till 2022. They've worked too hard to keep their numbers very low

Spain ideally but not set on that,

The view recently here appears to be “I have no proof the the vaccine is going to be rolled out effectively, therefore it’s definitely going to be a complete disaster”. 1million flu vaccines in 6 weeks in the autumn says otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,980 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The view recently here appears to be “I have no proof the the vaccine is going to be rolled out effectively, therefore it’s definitely going to be a complete disaster”. 1million flu vaccines in 6 weeks in the autumn says otherwise

That was done using GPs and pharmacies network.
    And lots of people who wanted to get the vaccine could not.
    So not saying will be a disaster but certainly concerned.

What happened here...
    https://www.thejournal.ie/hse-rejects-claims-flu-vaccine-missing-5262826-Nov2020/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

josip wrote: »

Here you go, other side states what it is

3a22v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Flu jab problem was a supply one, no problem with the last mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

josip wrote: »
    They look like this. About the size of your palm. A bit too big for the wallet.

https://twitter.com/CanningJean/status/1349041255657955328?s=09

https://twitter.com/RichByrne/status/1348609375116677121?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Gael23 wrote: »
    Spain ideally but not set on that,

It's an ever fluid situation but I think Spain will be very safe (relative to now) by September

Outside the EU, I can definitely see "not vaccinated? no entry" rules to enter many countries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Stheno wrote: »
    I get it through work the past few years who use a private medic group

Have never gotten any records either

Have received the vaccine in two other countries and did not receive this data. May well have gone on a file.

Comirnaty is a terrible name. Not that it matters, I’d queue up for it if it was called Evil Sh*t piss as long as it did the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Doc07

Comirnaty is a terrible name. Not that it matters, I’d queue up for it if it was called Evil Sh*t piss as long as it did the job

Haha yes not very catchy. It’s a combination of ;
    Covid, mRNA, Community and Immunity.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Covid + mRNA + immunity + community apparently

Can't do much else with those terms :D

marno21 wrote: »
    Covid + mRNA + immunity + community apparently

Can't do much else with those terms :D

Marketing are definitely paid too much if this was all they could come up with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Marketing are definitely paid too much if this was all they could come up with

Thankfully the budget went to the scientists and not the marketeers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Concerning news stateside
    Pfizer Inc. and federal health officials are investigating the death of a health-care worker 16 days after the person received the first dose of the company’s Covid-19 vaccine.

So far, the evidence doesn’t suggest a connection, Pfizer said in a statement on Tuesday. The Florida-based physician developed a rare disorder called severe thrombocytopenia that decreases the body’s ability to clot blood and stop internal bleeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yes the evidence not suggesting a connection is very concerning. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Seen this a few days ago, his wife's gone all out on facebook on the vaccine and of course the anti vac crowd are lapping it up

Thankfully the budget went to the scientists and not the marketeers.

From my experience with marketing in the medical industry I think they will have found a way to spend money on this.

Marketing: “Replace the OCR font on that label as it isn’t pretty enough”
    Engineer: “but the automated packaging lines costing over a million rely on that font to run and the doctors and nurses who use the product agree it’s easier for them to read”
    Marketing: “Don’t stifle my creativity”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I know a guy who got hit by a car a few weeks after taking the vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thousands of people who are vaccinated will die shortly afterwards in the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Stark wrote: »

Jesus that is awful luck, health care worker? Is he okay?

It takes 21 days to protect you so that’s a no news story

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Stark wrote: »

Reckon it was the magnet in the microchips?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Gael23 wrote: »
    Was just coming on to ask about holidays. Would September be realistic?

There may be restrictions of some sort at that stage in some places.

I would advise not booking at the moment but I would be confident that there would be European locations taking in holiday makers around that part of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I had the flu vaccine in a pharmacy for the last 4 years and each time given a card with batch number date and time
    Was given one, but only for this year tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

They had just one of the two shots

Complete non story

To think, we've at least a year of "stories" like this to look forward to

There may be restrictions of some sort at that stage in some places.

I would advise not booking at the moment but I would be confident that there would be European locations taking in holiday makers around that part of the year.

Yes won’t be booking until I know where I stand for getting the vaccine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DubLad69

I'm 11 out of 15 on the rollout list and seriously hoping to get one by the summer! Hoping that restrictions will be very low by the anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement