Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 2 [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Prof Karina Butler said that 28 days was tested and within the optimal range recommended by the manufacturer . She said 21-28 days was the range recommended as far as I remember
    That aligns with Moderna, so a standard 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The problem is that if you are only calling people at 28 days rather than 21 days you've lost your recovery window for missed appointments etc who are now going to be pushed outside the optimal 28 day window. So there's a tradeoff there.
    It's a certainty you're going to have people who can't make their appointment.

Of this is Pfizer they are talking about then didnt they trail it too 42 days so there is still a window of 12 days for missed appointments while staying within the trialed use

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there a new schedule of when each group can expect to be vaccinated with AstraZeneca available?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is there a new schedule of when each group can expect to be vaccinated with AstraZeneca available?
    That 4m vaccination plan by September from yesterday seems to include supplies of all likely vaccines over the six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Norway reporting Pfizer delivery delays. Not sure if that’s due to a Swedish delay or a European delay.

Some EU countries have reported slightly smaller deliveries than expected for the next 3-4 weeks. Would appear Pfizer & BioNTech are bringing new facilties into commission around now and moving some production sites. 2bn doses is now the estimated output up from 1.3bn

Pfizer have commented on the EU,

Deliveries were proceeding “according to the schedule agreed,” a spokeswoman for Pfizer said. There was no production problem to report, but timelines were “aspirational” and were subject to changes, she added.

• Advertisement

Donnelly laid out over the last 2 days when they expect groups to be done based on expected approval and supply.

End of Q1 (March) all over 70s
    End of Q2 (June) groups down to general population, as risk etc
    End of Q3 (September) last groups 13, 14 etc, general population, anyone who wants it.

If your looking for more specifics on timing you wont get them, things change, timelines change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Staff at Nenagh General Hospital yet to be given vaccination dates, being reported by Richard Chambers (Virgin Media) now:

https://mobile.twitter.com/newschambers/status/1350033588104912897

At least vacinators won't be an issue it appears

https://twitter.com/RTENewsAtOne/status/1350070204353699840?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Staff at Nenagh General Hospital yet to be given vaccination dates, being reported by Richard Chambers (Virgin Media) now:

But according to some on here there is no issue.

polesheep wrote: »
    But according to some on here there is no issue.
    Yep, nothing to see here and everything is fine and dandy with priority 4 staff getting the jab while covid frontline staff don't even have a date for an appointment.

• Advertisement

Donnelly laid out over the last 2 days when they expect groups to be done based on expected approval and supply.

End of Q1 (March) all over 70s
    End of Q2 (June) groups down to general population, as risk etc
    End of Q3 (September) last groups 13, 14 etc, general population, anyone who wants it.

If your looking for more specifics on timing you wont get them, things change, timelines change.
    Hopefully level 1 in April then

That'll be up to the UHL group to schedule as they're part of that hospital group.

Would appear UHL group are going 1 hospital at a time which you'd think they'd have the ability to do more than 1 at a time.

Each hosptial group is in charge of their own schedule.

Hopefully level 1 in April then

April?? Nah highly unlikely I'd say. Won't be seeing 1 or 2 until the summer, probably June when the bulk are done in the other groups.

We'll be as we are until March probably so no chance of a straight drop back down. At a guess, 5 until March, 3 until probably June then hopefully 1/2 depending on numbers vaccinated through June, July, August

April?? Nah highly unlikely I'd say. Won't be seeing 1 or 2 until the summer, probably June when the bulk are done in the other groups.

We'll be as we are until March probably so no chance of a straight drop back down. At a guess, 5 until March, 3 until probably June then hopefully 1/2 depending on numbers vaccinated through June, July, August

When all over 70s are done I’d have expected a significant relaxation

If they are already sick they can't get it anyway. Again one could ask the question of what's so different about the COVID situation from the pre-vaccine days? Case numbers are still every high and positivity rates are not much under 20% so we should all continue to behave the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Vicxas wrote: »
    Pfizer are dialing back their vaccine delivery while they start to ramp up production.

Not sure how trying to increase production slows down delivery but what do i know

Depends on where they are doing it. My understanding was that a completely new plant was opening to deal with increased production and if that was the case there should be no problem and the plant should be brought online on time.
    If however, the initial plan is to increase production in an existing plant then that's a whole different ballgame. It is imperative that none of the existing cleanrooms are compromised even by the smallest amount and if that was likely to happen by bringing new production online then the most likely decision would be to cease production in that room.

When all over 70s are done I’d have expected a significant relaxation
    It'll depend on cases, hospitals numbers etc , as it's always done and March seems a bit early for Level 1.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Depends on where they are doing it. My understanding was that a completely new plant was opening to deal with increased production and if that was the case there should be no problem and the plant should be brought online on time.
    If however, the initial plan is to increase production in an existing plant then that's a whole different ballgame. It is imperative that none of the existing cleanrooms are compromised even by the smallest amount and if that was likely to happen by bringing new production online then the most likely decision would be to cease production in that room.

Looks to be a bit of both. New plant to come online in the next few weeks while existing facilities are also upgraded to increase output.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Does anyone know the logistics of calling people for the vaccine?

Is it by PPS number, GP etc? I can’t figure out how they know who falls into which category and where they get the information from.

is_that_so wrote: »
    If they are already sick they can't get it anyway. Again one could ask the question of what's so different about the COVID situation from the pre-vaccine days? Case numbers are still every high and positivity rates are not much under 20% so we should all continue to behave the same way.
    What is that to do with the video of staff from Nenagh General on covid wards without vaccination dates?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the logistics of calling people for the vaccine?

Is it by PPS number, GP etc? I can’t figure out how they know who falls into which category and where they get the information from.
    Been wondering this also.

Pfizer statement. Would appear to be only a small number of weeks.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1350078522983854089?s=19

What is that to do with the video of staff from Nenagh General on covid wards without vaccination dates?
    It's in the tweet you linked to about them "being sick".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Apologies if it’s being answered, who will be drawing up the lists for the roll out ., will it be GPs or will you be able to register yourself. My wife is in workplace where she can’t social distance and it’s deemed a vital service..

It's in the tweet you linked to about them "being sick".
    So you're completely ignoring the main point that they raised? More mental gymnastics?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

harr wrote: »
    Apologies if it’s being answered, who will be drawing up the lists for the roll out ., will it be GPs or will you be able to register yourself. My wife is in workplace where she can’t social distance and it’s deemed a vital service..

I posted a similar question above. Nobody seems to know.

harr wrote: »
    They now have the GP part of the system live. From what Paul Reid said GPs will need to register themselves first in the system. I'd say ask the GP but it's likely to be a good while away for her anyway as they need to do Groups 3-5 before that.

So you're completely ignoring the main point that they raised? More mental gymnastics?
    No, I just read the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

They now have the GP part of the system live. From what Paul Reid said GPs will need to register themselves first in the system. I'd say ask the GP but it's likely to be a good while away for her anyway as they need to do Groups 3-5 before that.
    Thanks for that, yeah she isn’t really expecting it till April/May depending really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭NaFirinne

Looks like there are some risks for Sick Patients over 80 in taking the vaccination.

A report from Norway says 23 patients died shortly after recieving the vaccine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement