Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 2 [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Not sure Tony Conneelly is correct in saying Emma Cooke said the reason for the AZ delayed application to the EU was the extra data needed, I understood the opposite from what she said. Genuinely hope I'm incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

nommm wrote: »

Good stuff, more capacity the better

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Not surprised its happened but the fact that it hasn't been an issue previously I'm not too worried about it.

They've shown they can vaccinate and distribute so a little bump in 1 place

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Finally some good news for once. Hopefully GSK and Merck can do the same (and that we're getting them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1354118086786494465

What in the sweet hell is this.

Even WITH vaccinations travel at Christmas would still be hindered? His "you can’t assume herd immunity. New variants can change things." comment is hugely dangerous at this point in time. You have a demoralised population who are looking towards the vaccine for hope, but lets pour really cold water on that right away.

And I thought Monday was bad.

I can't belive they're still coming out with stuff like this. They keep moving the goalposts. It's gone from lockdown/restrictions until the hospitals are no longer overwhelmed to restictions until herd immunity. Now they're saying there will be restrictions even after herd immunity because there "could" be threat from other variants. It's like telling people taking the vaccine is pointless.

I have no doubt when other countries return to normality there will be massive pressure on politicians here to follow suit, but even so it's very demoralising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I never thought I would get this mad or upset over all of this.

Same here because Today i have come to the realization that i’ll never see my family that are in a different country again. It seems they are aiming for a permanent travel ban because of possible future strains.

I have never felt like this before but i feel i just don’t want to live anymore :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Let’s watch what Israel do. If they can reopen fully in the summer, no one will pay any attention to whatever rambling the Irish Government are doing.

The messaging from Martin, Varadkar and Donnelly has been septic for the last number of days, communicating shockingly to an increasingly struggling population. Now is not the time to be discussing what ifs and worst case scenarios.

The Brits will end up making us look like apes for all the abuse they’re getting atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Same here because Today i have come to the realization that i’ll never see my family that are in a different country again. It seems they are aiming for a permanent travel ban because of possible future strains.

I have never felt like this before but i feel i just don’t want to live anymore :mad:

Take no notice of varadker. He is just being spiteful because the public are behind the quarantine. He did similar to NPHET before Christmas. He is just making that stuff up to intentionally punish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Varadkar is talking out his hole yet again. He has never once been correct throughout this entire fiasco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Good stuff, more capacity the better
    Not sure if is more capacity or just helping with a bottleneck.The vaccine will still need to be made else where. The vials will be filled/packaged by sanofi. Not due to start until July.
    I hoping to see Sanofi/GSK help JnJ if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I agree with you, I get bouts of "I will never do XYZ or see XYZ ever again", and it always stems from a politician saying something in the form of a throwaway comment that has a knock-on effect.

Their rationale, if applied in the "what if" approach means that this is it, and as good as it is going to get. Hospitals are empty of covid, but then you get the "oh but we have to be careful incase covid comes back and we all get sick". That is not a way for people to live their life, and many won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

jackboy wrote: »
    Take no notice of varadker. He is just being spiteful because the public are behind the quarantine. He did similar to NPHET before Christmas. He is just making that stuff up to intentionally punish people.

Pretty much this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Varadkar is talking out his hole yet again. He has never once been correct throughout this entire fiasco.

Textbook control freak behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Whoever done this should be blasted all over the media
    https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2021/0126/1192206-louth-meath-vaccines/

Don't worry dude. Once enough are vaccinated, people will move on with life. Other countries will open up. Our politicians will be under immense pressure to follow suit. Airlines will offer flights and airports won't close. You'll see your family again as soon as humanly possible. I'm as sure of that as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

Gael23 wrote: »

These things will happen. They didn't do this on purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Really? People cant make mistakes no ? This needs to end soon. People have lost the plot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Textbook control freak behaviour

But that would imply he has some sort of agenda. I think he genuinely has no idea what he's doing and just farts out statements without caring about the consequences. Because he suffers none. Remember when he undermined NPHET, to the point of being contemptuous?

Sanjuro wrote: »
    But that would imply he has some sort of agenda. I think he genuinely has no idea what he's doing and just farts out statements without caring about the consequences. Because he suffers none. Remember when he undermined NPHET, to the point of being contemptuous?

Leo loves the attention.

Cans in the park, the leaked stuff, etc - he loves the limelight. Him saying inflammatory remarks just to get attention isn't anything new. He's a strange lad!

• Advertisement

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Don't worry dude. Once enough are vaccinated, people will move on with life. Other countries will open up. Our politicians will be under immense pressure to follow suit. Airlines will offer flights and airports won't close. You'll see your family again as soon as humanly possible. I'm as sure of that as anything.

My grandparents feel the same. They have grandchildren in the US that they haven’t seen fro 18 months and feel like they may never again.
    They probably won’t fly any more but our family in the US we’re going to come here as soon as vaccines were rolled out

Really? People cant make mistakes no ? This needs to end soon. People have lost the plot

Not with such a valuable commodity. Mistakes like this can’t be allowed happen

My grandparents feel the same. They have grandchildren in the US that they haven’t seen fro 18 months and feel like they may never again.
    They probably won’t fly any more but our family in the US we’re going to come here as soon as vaccines were rolled out

Ah that's tough, sorry :(

Hopefully sooner rather than later. Best wishes Gael23.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Exactly, and I thinking its important to maintain a culture were people can report when vaccines are compromised. ‘Plastering them all over the media’ is unhelpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

Exactly, and I thinking its important to maintain a culture were people can report when vaccines are compromised. ‘Plastering them all over the media’ is unhelpful.

What was the "number" though hehe

Sir I just fukked up a load of vials

Boss: Ok I'll let them know but don't say how many

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I have family in north America and I want to cry this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Malcomex wrote: »
    What was the "number" though hehe

Sir I just fukked up a load of vials

Boss: Ok I'll let them know but don't say how many
    22 on RTE

As much as I disliked Simon Harris at the start, I have to give him credit - if you want positivity follow him on instagram. He's always shining a positive light on things. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

TheChizler wrote: »
    22 on RTE

22 vials , 110 doses.

I’d say whoever messed up is already livid with themselves without any of us judging them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I have family in north America and I want to cry this evening

That’s where my family are too. Frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement