Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 2 [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Ireland is to begin vaccinating on 30th December. France, Spain and Germany are starting tomorrow 27th December. Hungary started today 26th December.

Ireland will be probably the last Western country to begin vaccination.

Could this possibly be because HSE staff are on their hols and are refusing to come back? Public sector unions are too strong, the workers too lazy and our Government too weak at the knees in dealing with them.

It's funny, the UK have got so much wrong on this pandemic, but their rollout of the vaccine has been sensational to be fair.

I was reading a story recently about an out of work musician in London applying to become a vaccinator, within a few short weeks of training, the musician is now injection people with the vaccine.

But you can be your bottom dollar we'll have the most highly educated jabbers in the world. When in reality anyone with a few braincells could administer the vaccine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Yes with immediate effect. They’ve done nothing to prevent the spread since their introduction.

More likely they contribute than prevent spread.

This is the second panic shutdown since mask introduction

Mask talk belongs in the mask thread. But they're here to stay until people (everyone) are vaccinated. Sorry for that bad news to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Mask talk belongs in the mask thread. But they're here to stay until people (everyone) are vaccinated. Sorry for that bad news to you.

Afraid not.

Not everyone’s going to be taking a pretty useless trial vaccine.

Remember it doesn’t prevent you getting the virus or spreading it but rather lessens the symptoms of which most people have none.

It could nearly be classified as another placebo.

Also this time last year this virus was rampant here and nobody knew.

Life went on perfectly until February March when the media got their teeth into it and the constant fear mongering began.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Afraid not.

Remember it doesn’t prevent you getting the virus or spreading it but rather lessens the symptoms of which most people have none.

Life went on perfectly until February March when the media got their teeth into it and the constant fear mongering began.

Similar stuff to this is being posted over in the conspiracy theories forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

This isn't the mask thread, either way neither you nor I know that. That may well be your opinion, doesn't mean its fact.

By all means you can continue wearing one but eventually it won't be mandatory.

Anyway I digress this isn't a mask thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

mike8634 wrote: »
    We all know that

6 weeks to retool, few more weeks to manufacture and distribute is the timeframe I have seen

Lab to 1st injection could be 3 months?

What to do for those 3 months

Lockdown?

It's envisaged that any version of the vaccine will have sufficient effect on the virus to prevent serious illness, no matter what the mutation. Rest assured the world of science will not be caught with their trousers down in the future, ironically the Covid pandemic might have a beneficial effect.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Similar stuff to this is being posted over in the conspiracy theories forum.

Fact : It doesn’t prevent one from getting or spreading the virus. This we have been told.

No conspiracy there.

It’s supposed to lessens the symptoms. Most people have zero symptoms. Again fact ...

Fact : It doesn’t prevent one from getting or spreading the virus. This we have been told.

Not fact. It's not been properly studied yet. That's not the same as saying it doesn't prevent transmission. The Moderna and AZ vaccines did show some evidence of reducing it.
    No conspiracy there.

It’s supposed to lessens the symptoms. Most people have zero symptoms. Again fact ...

Also not fact. Most people do not have zero symptoms.

Hardyn wrote: »
    Not fact. It's not been properly studied yet. That's not the same as saying it doesn't prevent transmission. The Moderna and AZ vaccines did show some evidence of reducing it.

Also not fact. Most people do not have zero symptoms.

Shouldn’t be pushing any vaccine then that’s not properly studied and understood

There is more asymptomatic cases than symptomatic cases.

Most people don’t realise they have it until tested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Shouldn’t be pushing any vaccine then that’s not properly studied and understood

The state of your posts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Can I ask you guys will it be offered privately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

ebbsy wrote: »
    Can I ask you guys will it be offered privately ?

No it won't

xhomelezz wrote: »
    The state of your posts..

The state of that post

And who are you to criticise might I ask. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Lets be clear, it is now known that between 17 and 20% of Covid infections are asymptomatic. Much less than previously thought.

'There is more asymptomatic cases than symptomatic cases.' Pitch N Putt
    This is fake news.

Water John wrote: »
    Lets be clear, it is now known that between 17 and 20% of Covid infections are asymptomatic. Much less than previously thought.

'There is more asymptomatic cases than symptomatic cases.' Pitch N Putt
    This is fake news.

And the 1000,s that haven’t been captured ?

You can’t deny that thousands have had it and never knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

The state of that post

And who are you to criticise might I ask. ??

Well, you just keep posting pile of bs.

And you never know, maybe I was congratulating you.

They're not.

This is still wrong. Repeating it doesn't make it any more true.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Water John

And the 1000,s that haven’t been captured ?

You can’t deny that thousands have had it and never knew.

Indeed I can, because the results of research study is 17/20% asymptomatic. so take the number of positives on any given day and multiply by 1.2 to get true number of cases.

Water John wrote: »
    Indeed I can, because the results of research study is 17/20% asymptomatic. so take the number of positives on any given day and multiply by 1.2 to get true number of cases.

Pie in the sky numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Jesus, it seems to me that there are some people that didn’t like or are happy about the good news of the vaccine delivery today. The misery merchants are out in full force today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Reading through the Nursing Home vaccination schedule I came across another statistic that prompts me to ask, where is the joined-up thinking in the HSE? In the Gorey area of Co. Wexford, there are three nursing homes, two in Riverchapel and one in Gorey Town approximately 5 miles away, For some reason, the schedule is to vaccinate one in Riverchapel and the one in Gorey on the same day and the other one in Riverchapel 4 days later. You could throw a 4-inch block between the two homes in Riverchapel so I'm waiting, all agog, for the logical explanation for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭mike8634

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Rest assured the world of science will not be caught with their trousers down in the future

Haha

This will age well

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Reading through the Nursing Home vaccination schedule I came across another statistic that prompts me to ask, where is the joined-up thinking in the HSE? In the Gorey area of Co. Wexford, there are three nursing homes, two in Riverchapel and one in Gorey Town approximately 5 miles away, For some reason, the schedule is to vaccinate one in Riverchapel and the one in Gorey on the same day and the other one in Riverchapel 4 days later. You could throw a 4-inch block between the two homes in Riverchapel so I'm waiting, all agog, for the logical explanation for this.

As I said previously I wouldn’t trust the HSE or the government task force to roll out pastry let alone the vaccine.

The inevitable unaccountable mistakes are just around the corner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Afraid not.

Mod:

Threadbanned

Israel (pop 10m) seem to be doing very well on their rollout, 150,000 doses given in the first week. Targeting April to have enough done to get back normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Ireland is to begin vaccinating on 30th December. France, Spain and Germany are starting tomorrow 27th December. Hungary started today 26th December.

Ireland will be probably the last Western country to begin vaccination.

Could this possibly be because HSE staff are on their hols and are refusing to come back? Public sector unions are too strong, the workers too lazy and our Government too weak at the knees in dealing with them.

The bit in bold nails it

It's a sign of things to come with how the HSE will do this roll-out

There's some on here living in an absolute fantasy land who think all will go to plan with this. They only need to look at the history of the HSE to see we'll be in the top 5 worst performing EU countries regarding the rollout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭mike8634

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The bit in bold nails it

It's a sign of things to come with how the HSE will do this roll-out

There's some on here living in an absolute fantasy land who think all will go to plan with this. They only need to look at the history of the HSE to see we'll be in the top 5 worst performing EU countries regarding the rollout

;-)

HSE couldnt run a bath, we all know that

County Council take 3 weeks to fill in a few pot holes, China build a road in 3 days

That's who we are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

https://twitter.com/adriancummins/status/1342771532704178177

The majority of ROI vaccinated by June?

Does he mean the first 14 of the 15 Groups?

Group 14 in itself would be a huge number of the population at easily 1 Million people

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/adriancummins/status/1342771532704178177

The majority of ROI vaccinated by June?

Does he mean the first 14 of the 15 Groups?

Group 14 in itself would be a huge number of the population at easily 1 Million people
    I would expect up to group 10 to be done by then tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Face masks are the first thing that needs to go for life to return to some semblance of normality.

I have been leaving mine on outside when its cold!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement