Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 2 [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Russians claim the EMA are wrong and that the application is in
    https://twitter.com/sputnikvaccine/status/1359539733634945031?s=20

It would fit a well established pattern for the EMA and EU to have lost the application.

It's beyond a cluster fuuu at this stage.

This is just more gravy on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭allaboutt

Is this true?

@HappyDays2020 yes 100% but anyone that brings into the public light is always put in the same light as antivaxxers which i find just a little annoying when my all kids under 10 are fully up to date on their Vaccines!

This is the Official goverment database that is used for reporting all adverse reactions to any Vaccine. So yes anyone can submit a report but its a .gov website and there is severe penaltys for those who submit false reports.

VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences. Anyone can submit a report to VAERS, including parents and patients.
    Healthcare providers are required by law to report to VAERS:
    Healthcare providers are strongly encouraged to report to VAERS:
    • Any adverse event that occurs after the administration of a vaccine licensed in the United States, whether it is or is not clear that a vaccine caused the adverse event
    • Vaccine administration errors
    Vaccine manufacturers are required to report to VAERS all adverse events that come to their attention.
    Online reporting is strongly encouraged. Please report clinically important adverse events that occur after vaccination of adults and children, even if you are not sure whether the vaccine caused the adverse event.
    The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) accepts all reports, including reports of vaccination errors. Guidance on reporting vaccination errors is available if you have additional questions.
    Knowingly filing a false VAERS report is a violation of Federal law (18 U.S. Code § 1001) punishable by fine and imprisonment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭brickster69

Another 2 weeks wasted.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

If this is actually true, then someone's head needs to roll.

My own personal opinion is the French and Germans are so butt hurt over brexit they're trying to control everything to get "one over" the british and obviously they always want to make putin look like the dodgy dick that he is.

I'm extremely pro Europe, but they have made an absolute balls of the whole covid and vaccine situation, they literally couldn't have done any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Doc07

allaboutt wrote: »
    @HappyDays2020 yes 100% but anyone that brings into the public light is always put in the same light as antivaxxers which i find just a little annoying when my all kids under 10 are fully up to date on their Vaccines!

This is the Official goverment database that is used for reporting all adverse reactions to any Vaccine. So yes anyone can submit a report but its a .gov website and there is severe penaltys for those who submit false reports.

VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences. Anyone can submit a report to VAERS, including parents and patients.
    Healthcare providers are required by law to report to VAERS:
    Healthcare providers are strongly encouraged to report to VAERS:
    • Any adverse event that occurs after the administration of a vaccine licensed in the United States, whether it is or is not clear that a vaccine caused the adverse event
    • Vaccine administration errors
    Vaccine manufacturers are required to report to VAERS all adverse events that come to their attention.
    Online reporting is strongly encouraged. Please report clinically important adverse events that occur after vaccination of adults and children, even if you are not sure whether the vaccine caused the adverse event.
    The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) accepts all reports, including reports of vaccination errors. Guidance on reporting vaccination errors is available if you have additional questions.
    Knowingly filing a false VAERS report is a violation of Federal law (18 U.S. Code § 1001) punishable by fine and imprisonment.

Correct anyone can report to VAERS. So many of the reports will list things that have not been verified by a medic. Similarly anyone ie member of public or HCP can report to HPRA or other European agencies.
    All the regulatory websites will have a very obvious and clear caveat listed that just because a suspected report is listed does not mean it was caused by the vaccine. Many HCPs will diligently report especially in the early days of a vaccination campaign even when they are fully satisfied the vaccine was not the cause of the event. Remember many millions have been vaccinated in US for example so many deaths and Heart attacks and hospital visits etc that would have happened anyway will still happen.
    The first monthly safety review for the Pfizer vaccine has been completed and no new safety concern was identified and this included review of any deaths reported in period after vaccination. Summary available on EMA website.
    HPRA are publishing safety summary every 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

My own personal opinion is the French and Germans are so butt hurt over brexit they're trying to control everything to get "one over" the british and obviously they always want to make putin look like the dodgy dick that he is.

I'm extremely pro Europe, but they have made an absolute balls of the whole covid and vaccine situation, they literally couldn't have done any worse.

I think it is just incompetence more than any Brexit twist.

Maybe as well with the ema based in Amsterdam, the Dutch were very relaxed about the whole thing up to a few weeks ago.

It's systematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭josip

prove it unverified ..

Eh, it says it in the big bloody disclaimer on their website, with the URL you posted.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

...VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Danzy wrote: »

Maybe as well with the ema based in Amsterdam, the Dutch were very relaxed about the whole thing up to a few weeks ago.

It's systematic.

Who said the EMA is in the wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Feeling better 'in 2 hours': COVID drug for critically ill starts Phase 3 trials | The Times of Israel - https://www.timesofisrael.com/feeling-better-in-2-hours-covid-drug-for-critically-ill-starts-phase-3-trials/

Something promising?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭brickster69

If they are fair enough. But don't start slagging off a not for profit vaccine that looks like doing a decent enough job.

The amount of panic they must of caused by those articles in the German press saying AZ is only 8% efficient in older people and then Macron coming out saying it is basically non effective in older people was below the belt.

I mean other nations in the world actually listen and respect what these people say, they certainly had some agenda behind it.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Who said the EMA is in the wrong?

The Russians?

josip wrote: »
    Eh, it says it in the big bloody disclaimer on their website, with the URL you posted.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpmp7/anti-vaxxers-misuse-federal-data-to-falsely-claim-covid-vaccines-are-dangerous

In 2004 anesthesiologist James Laidler submitted a report to VAERS claiming a flu vaccine turned him into The Incredible Hulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Mother is getting it tomorrow. She's a healthcare assistant. Good news.

Danzy wrote: »

It's systematic.

Possibly, but no one can deny the EU have been absolutely riddled with incompetence this past year.

I'm genuinely flabbergasted if what the sputnik tweet is true.

But dare I say at this stage, I'd believe the Russians over the EU, who have just been woeful with covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭redarmy

The Department of Health has been notified of 54 further deaths of people with Covid-19 and an additional 1,006 cases.

redarmy wrote: »
    The Department of Health has been notified of 54 further deaths of people with Covid-19 and an additional 1,006 cases.

Wrong thread pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Hardyn wrote: »
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpmp7/anti-vaxxers-misuse-federal-data-to-falsely-claim-covid-vaccines-are-dangerous

In 2004 anesthesiologist James Laidler submitted a report to VAERS claiming a flu vaccine turned him into The Incredible Hulk.

I hope he didn't get angry when they refused to believe him.

The Russians?

And what if the Russians are wrong? Will the people who criticise the EMA criticise the Russians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

And what if the Russians are wrong? Will the people who criticise the EMA criticise the Russians?

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Apogee

Have a look at the replies to that post. It looks like the Russians have sent the application to the wrong place.
    Also from this date [1 July 2015], companies should no longer send their centralized procedure applications for human medicines to individual EU member states on CDs/DVDs or via the Common European Submission Platform (CESP)2. Companies should only send such applications to the EMA via its eSubmission Gateway/Web Client and these applications will automatically be made available to all national competent authorities via a common online repository.

https://pink.pharmaintelligence.informa.com/PS118298/EMA-mandates-use-of-electronic-forms-eSubmission-Gateway-for-human-drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Well, Italy has authorized the Monoclonal Antibodies a couple of days ago.

Monoclonal antibodies are a bigger pain in the neck to produce than vaccines. Also, they are incredibly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

latency89 wrote: »
    Link me a study that proves mRNA works against it, not a lab study, our a small group study

A large study, 10000+ people, vulnerable group preferably.You wont find it because it doesn't exist.

How on earth would such a study be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

prove it unverified ..

Can you explain what that stuff means?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

OscarMIlde wrote: »
    Monoclonal antibodies are a bigger pain in the neck to produce than vaccines. Also, they are incredibly expensive.
    And they have failed against these new variants, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Before I got too hopeful . They are also in a lockdown are they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Before I got too hopeful . They are also in a lockdown are they ?

Yes. But they saw nothing like that during previous lockdowns.

Yes. But they saw nothing like that during previous lockdowns.

Ok great . Really gives hope that normality isn't far away

• Advertisement

That's a serious drop . It really gives the impression when people are over 60 that should be it with most restrictions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement