Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 2 [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Have they reported how many people got the jab today, or will they be releasing the daily numbers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cork2021

statesaver wrote: »
    Have they reported how many people got the jab today, or will they be releasing the daily numbers ?

I’ve my doubts that they will tell us to be honest.
    It’s essential now that they give the vaccine straight away and no fûcking about! If we get 40k administer the 40k ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They should absolutely include daily vaccination numbers beside daily case numbers, people need hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

40000 per week we'll still have some restrictions this time next year. Weekends and Bank holidays off too I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

statesaver wrote: »
    40000 per week we'll still have some restrictions this time next year.
    For the bazzilionth time, 40000 is Pfizer alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cork2021

AstraZeneca and the EMA need to take their heads out of their backsides and apply and approve the vaccine! We can’t keep waiting. It is the game changer. We need it the EU needs it! Fûck the wanting every detail as to what font they used on word to type out the paper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭conor_mc

AdamD wrote: »
    They should absolutely include daily vaccination numbers beside daily case numbers, people need hope.

Media have a job to do here to ensure those numbers are published. I’m not one of those bashing the HSE re 3-day delay, etc., (prefer clinical/scientific decisions over PR ones and will give the benefit of the doubt) but public scrutiny of vaccination progress is absolutely necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Ssshhhh. He's not getting his bad news fix so has to fabricate his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cork2021 wrote: »
    I’ve my doubts that they will tell us to be honest.
    It’s essential now that they give the vaccine straight away and no fûcking about! If we get 40k administer the 40k ASAP

Cool, and if we have to chuck away a 1000 doses, how do you decide who gets bumped off the list? We have a legitimate timetable to vaccinate everyone in care homes, sticking to that and ensuring it's carried out properly is our priority, and rightly so.......

conor_mc wrote: »
    Media have a job to do here to ensure those numbers are published. I’m not one of those bashing the HSE re 3-day delay, etc., (prefer clinical/scientific decisions over PR ones and will give the benefit of the doubt) but public scrutiny of vaccination progress is absolutely necessary.

Having seen how people on here and elsewhere react to daily case numbers without understanding what they're actually looking at, I'd rather they don't have that information......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Having seen how people on here and elsewhere react to daily case numbers without understanding what they're actually looking at, I'd rather they don't have that information......

Nothing like a bit of secrecy to instill confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

AstraZeneca and the EMA need to take their heads out of their backsides and apply and approve the vaccine! We can’t keep waiting. It is the game changer. We need it the EU needs it! Fûck the wanting every detail as to what font they used on word to type out the paper!!

What are we going for with the astrazeneca vaccine?

Will we doing hd/fd? Or fd wait 12 weeks fd? Or fd/fd?

Is there sufficient data for hd/fd or fd wait 12 weeks fd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Wow this is pretty offensive, especially. since you probably well know. a) AZ haven't even applied for approval yet, b) the moderna order is small and c) janssen are a bit off.

Pfizer is likely all we will have for Jan and likely Feb. as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

big time, their is a risk doing nothing ,

My uncle from Sligo originally got the vaccine at age 91 in scunthope last week in the uk 70 years, loves going to the pub, went to taffees in Galway on a Saturday night to celebrate his 90th, the UK are well setup and tearing into it,

Alas my other relatives over 70 here will have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Nothing like a bit of secrecy to instill confidence.

You really are a, glass half empty, poster.
    We will have a fair idea each week of numbers IWT. Only for the first few weeks is half the shipments being held back. Then what is received will be used. This is not Trump's US.

Water John wrote: »
    You really are a, glass half empty, poster.
    We will have a fair idea each week of numbers IWT. Only for the first few weeks is half the shipments being held back. Then what is received will be used. This is not Trump's US.

I was responding to a poster who said that the HSE should keep the numbers vaccinated secret. Do you agree with that??

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fade Into You

I'm sure it's not going to be easy to keep track of the number of people who have been vaccinated. It's not like the Hse are just going to have to keep on track of every single person who has been vaccinated and keep on getting tested.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I was responding to a poster who said that the HSE should keep the numbers vaccinated secret. Do you agree with that??

Never said that, just don't see the point in reporting it daily, they should absolutely be published though.

I'd be OK with them reporting every 20 then 40 then 100000, but daily figures will just cause anger

A weekly figure, based on the number of doses distributed, is fine by me.

I'm sure it's not going to be easy to keep track of the number of people who have been vaccinated. It's not like the Hse are just going to have to keep on track of every single person who has been vaccinated and keep on getting tested.

Surely a basic requirement of this rollout would be keeping track of the numbers vaccinated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There'll be a tracking system. They were talking about 55 pieces of data for each record.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

On the one hand it's great that we have all these granular lists of categories of recipients, but on the other hand it adds a lot of admin overhead.

If we had a vaccine like the Oxford one approved, with potentially a lot of supply, we should consider the Israeli approach of "anyone over 60 can get a vaccine if they want one". Then reduce that to 50, 40, 30 etc. Keep the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines for the list of (known) high-risk people.

is_that_so wrote: »
    There'll be a tracking system. They were talking about 55 pieces of data for each record.

OR code can carry 200 pieces of data.

Water John wrote: »
    OR code can carry 200 pieces of data.

And? The data still has to be collected and controlled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

hmmm wrote: »
    On the one hand it's great that we have all these granular lists of categories of recipients, but on the other hand it adds a lot of admin overhead.

If we had a vaccine like the Oxford one approved, with potentially a lot of supply, we should consider the Israeli approach of "anyone over 60 can get a vaccine if they want one". Then reduce that to 50, 40, 30 etc. Keep the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines for the list of (known) high-risk people.

Excellent approach, great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Speaking of the Israeli approach, they're moving extremely fast with the vaccine rollout. The impact of the vaccine on reducing lockdowns/restrictions should be evident there very soon.

Screenshot-2020-12-30-201422.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ideally that misery merchant George Lee should have to report on the amount vaccinated every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

D.Q wrote: »
    Ideally that misery merchant George Lee should have to report on the amount vaccinated every day.

Ha ha, I'd love to see that actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

gally74 wrote: »
    big time, their is a risk doing nothing ,

My uncle from Sligo originally got the vaccine at age 91 in scunthope last week in the uk 70 years, loves going to the pub, went to taffees in Galway on a Saturday night to celebrate his 90th, the UK are well setup and tearing into it,

Alas my other relatives over 70 here will have to wait

Thats great for your uncle who is 90... but does he understand he is not protected yet if he just got the first dose?

• Advertisement

speckle wrote: »
    Thats great for your uncle who is 90... but does he understand he is not protected yet if he just got the first dose?

His immunity will begin to kick in at about 10 days. I don't know how much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement