Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 2 [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Don't say that, such level of realism isn't too welcome :D
    Don't confuse delusion with realism.

New year, same old guff from you. Maybe find an Italian equivalent of Boards and englighten them instead? Could even be a new years resolutions for you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I’ve made the decision of ignoring case numbers and focusing fully on vaccination news :D this thread is my new home

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JuanBerrosa

Whats the story with them changing the time between 1st and 2nd dose from 21 days to 3 MONTHS ?

This just adds at least 3 months of restrictions to already a long road of lockdowns ahead.
    What is their reasoning behind this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Doc07

Whats the story with them changing the time between 1st and 2nd dose from 21 days to 3 MONTHS ?

This just adds at least 3 months of restrictions to already a long road of lockdowns ahead.

Who is them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

I’ve made the decision of ignoring case numbers and focusing fully on vaccination news :D this thread is my new home

You’ll probably be disappointed with them numbers too. I’ve not a good feeling about our roll-out. In fact I think it’s going to be a scandal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Months?

Where did you read this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cork2021

It will be frustrating but albeit better for your mental health!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The UK did this (changing the gap between 1st and second dost to 12 weeks) because they made a judgement that the first dose gives some protection and that its better to give as many people as possible the 1st dose.

Also there is signs (but not solid evidence) that the Oxford Astra Zenaca vaccine may work better with a larger gap between doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JuanBerrosa

The UK did this (changing the gap between 1st and second dost to 12 weeks) because they made a judgement that the first dose gives some protection and that its better to give as many people as possible the 1st dose.

Also there is signs (but not solid evidence) that the Oxford Astra Zenaca vaccine may work better with a larger gap between doses.

OK cheers,
    Sorry, I saw the headline earlier on the BBC ticker and couldn''t get the details on my phone.

Well it's good news in a way I suppose ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

From Reddit Ireland, from a regular, reliable poster
    HSE needed a new IT system to manage the vaccination, only commissioned IBM to make one on Christmas Eve.

Software engineers worked through Christmas to get it ready in time. I’m as pro-social services as they come, but the HSE is the ultimate stereotype of public bureaucratic inefficiency.

It needs a massive audit and to be absolutely gutted. Whoever waited until the 24th to get that system started is not only bad at they’re job, they’re criminally incompetent.

Are the media aware of this yet?

Has it been brought up here before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    From Reddit Ireland, from a regular, reliable poster

Are the media aware of this yet?

Has it been brought up here before?

I work in the IT industry and know some of the engineers involved in said company, they've done work with me before. They were involved well before Christmas eve, you couldn't get them from early November.

The planning stage had been going on for a good while. As far as I was aware the plan was to bring it into service over the Christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I work in the IT industry and know some of the engineers involved in said company, they've done work with me before. They were involved well before Christmas eve, you couldn't get them from early November.

The planning stage had been going on for a good while. As far as I was aware the plan was to bring it into service over the Christmas period.

Listen buddy, I dunno where you think you are going with your facts, but this thread is for ranting and raving about how crap the HSE are, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

funnydoggy wrote: »
    What is your goal? What would you like to see happen? It's nothing but negative commentary you give.

I have no goal, I was just giving the poster a word of notice about the approach they were having, since I had been previously told off for saying the same things.

Sky King wrote: »
    It's only realism if its backed up by an informed opinion: a link to a good article with a respected author, a journal or a tweet from a quality source.

Otherwise it is speculative nonsense.

It wasn't me that was having an uninformed opinion, I was just warning the poster about having such a negative approach.

Don't confuse delusion with realism.

New year, same old guff from you. Maybe find an Italian equivalent of Boards and englighten them instead? Could even be a new years resolutions for you :pac:

It doesn't seem you have beaten the other poster as much, I was just telling them that such an opinion might not be welcome because I had been beaten before.
    It does seem, though, you have a lot of prejudices and are even a bit discriminatory.
    Anyway, on my side this subject is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Micky 32 wrote: »
    “”German firm BioNTech said Friday it was racing to ramp up production of its Covid-19 vaccine in Europe, to fill the "gap" left by the lack of other approved vaccines.””

It seems the EU were exepecting several different vaccines to be available at this stage, so only ordered 300 million doses of the Pfzier/BioNTech vaccine. Hence the criticism from BioNTech and the need to fast track the building of a new plant in Germany to manufacture it.
    The US ordered 600 million doses.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/01/france-to-step-up-covid-jabs-after-claims-of-bowing-to-anti-vaxxers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I work in the IT industry and know some of the engineers involved in said company

You seem to know everything about everything regarding this entire Covid situation in Ireland Stephen

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Solar2021 wrote: »
    Anyone know the vaccination forecasts month by month here?

January 100,000
    Febuary 200,000
    March 300,000

600,000 done by April 1st
    ?

Will we get the 750,000 who are classed as very vulnerable to the disease done April 1st?

That’s not a very good target in my view

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

GreeBo wrote: »
    Listen buddy, I dunno where you think you are going with your facts, but this thread is for ranting and raving about how crap the HSE are, nothing more.

Oh in general the IT systems in the HSE are god awful. Every consultant in the industry thats dealt with the HSE gives out crap about them, even now its just throwing money at them to keep them working.

Would have been cheaper in the long run to have updated them years ago. Anyway I digress

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Oh in general the IT systems in the HSE are god awful. Every consultant in the industry thats dealt with the HSE gives out crap about them, even now its just throwing money at them to keep them working.

Would have been cheaper in the long run to have updated them years ago. Anywau I digress

Apart from NIMIS, that's kinda cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

OK cheers,
    Sorry, I saw the headline earlier on the BBC ticker and couldn''t get the details on my phone.

Well it's good news in a way I suppose ...

More than good. it's made in terms of public health. Unfortunately looks like our use is holding back vaccines because they can't get them done.

Video here

https://youtu.be/M-jqf6i5OLc

Have goverment/McCraith said anything about Moderna deliveries? It's being approved Wednesday, surely they'd say by now what our first delivery looks like?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have goverment/McCraith said anything about Moderna deliveries? It's being approved Wednesday, surely they'd say by now what our first delivery looks like?

Not a peep

Michael and Stephen are probably petrified at the new numbers, and sitting sobbing in a corner at the impending demise of their political lives, Paul Reid is too busy tweeting, and NPHET have drafted in McCraith for help with a strategy 10 months later, to figure out how to accurately report cases in a timely manner

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MOR316

Stheno wrote: »
    Not a peep

Michael and Stephen are probably petrified at the new numbers, and sitting sobbing in a corner at the impending demise of their political lives, Paul Reid is too busy tweeting, and NPHET have drafted in McCraith for help with a strategy 10 months later, to figure out how to accurately report cases in a timely manner

:pac:

Tbf, their political careers are safe for two reasons...

1. No matter what they do in this situation, they're going to look bad regardless
    2. The alternative is Sein Fein and that scares the crap out of people so, they're safe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Don't say that, such level of realism isn't too welcome :D

Boo hoo

You've been posting nonsense on here for months and have rightly gotten called on it.

Realism my hole

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

This is spectacular, and should give us good data in the next few weeks.

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1345100757037703174

hmmm wrote: »
    This is spectacular, and should give us good data in the next few weeks.

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1345100757037703174
    The Israeli government isn't exactly the epitomy of success but fair play to them for organising this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

This vaccination rollout is one of the most important projects in the history of the state, and I have no idea where the public is supposed to be finding out information as to how it is progressing. Are we supposed to piece it together from Stephen Donnelly's tweets, or is there an Instagram or Snapchat we should be following?

Can we at least get a webpage up somewhere with number of vaccinations completed, number of vaccines delivered to date, progress vaccinating the various groupings.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,398 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Not sure how much EU have booked with Moderna. Think it's lowish.

• Advertisement

hmmm wrote: »
    This vaccination rollout is one of the most important projects in the history of the state, and I have no idea where the public is supposed to be finding out information as to how it is progressing. Are we supposed to piece it together from Stephen Donnelly's tweets, or is there an Instagram or Snapchat we should be following?
    The best info i've seen so far is coming from each hospital's twitter account to be honest :D thats how low the bar is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement