Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 not starting

Options
  • 18-12-2020 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11 richniamh

I was playing my PS4 last night and it crashed for no reason. I only bought it in August, brand new and haven't had any problems until now.

When I turn it on no signal is sent to TV. Have tried with 2 different HDMI cables. After about 30 seconds it crashes anyway. I've tried holding power button to get into safe mode but it only beeps once not twice like I read it should.

I can send it to Sony to be fixed as it's still new but does anyone have any ideas of how I could get it going myself? I'd like to try and avoid losing my saved game data if possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

richniamh wrote: »
    I was playing my PS4 last night and it crashed for no reason. I only bought it in August, brand new and haven't had any problems until now.

When I turn it on no signal is sent to TV. Have tried with 2 different HDMI cables. After about 30 seconds it crashes anyway. I've tried holding power button to get into safe mode but it only beeps once not twice like I read it should.

I can send it to Sony to be fixed as it's still new but does anyone have any ideas of how I could get it going myself? I'd like to try and avoid losing my saved game data if possible.

Thanks.

Literally same thing happened to a mate of mine the other night.
    He still hasn’t fixed his.
    Is it a possibility an update messed them up I wonder.

• Not sure how you might be able to fix it without voiding warranty so definitely not worth trying.

I also wouldn’t even send back to Sony, if you bought in GameStop or Argos or any store I’d return to them and exchange, it’s only a few months old and most will cover it for a year!

Sony repair would be a much slower option even if you bought online & all they’ll do is ship you a replacement anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 richniamh

Not sure how you might be able to fix it without voiding warranty so definitely not worth trying.

I also wouldn’t even send back to Sony, if you bought in GameStop or Argos or any store I’d return to them and exchange, it’s only a few months old and most will cover it for a year!

Sony repair would be a much slower option even if you bought online & all they’ll do is ship you a replacement anyway.

I phoned GameStop today and they said it's only covered with them for 28 days and after that it's covered with Sony directly.

Literally same thing happened to a mate of mine the other night.
    He still hasn’t fixed his.
    Is it a possibility an update messed them up I wonder.

When I phoned the shop they said if I could get it on to safe mode and connect directly to my WiFi router it could probably be fixed with an update but the problem is I can't get safe mode to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sony are usually very fast in repairs/replacements. They sorted a PS3 slim for me around 4 years ago - give it a warranty for a year and its still working fine.
    Contact them - they’ll give you a RMA number and ask for other details. Depending on the age if its out of warranty with them you’ll have to pay but if you have proof of purchase that will help determine if you’ve to pay or not.
    PS3 cost me around 90 quid to fix - money well spent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I phoned GameStop today and they said it's only covered with them for 28 days and after that it's covered with Sony directly.
    Say what?

Did they tell you to take it up with sony?

That's a lie. Read this and give them (ccpc) a ring in the morning.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/faulty-goods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Im not able for a big post, bad day, but they are talking crap.

They are the seller and they are responsible for sorting it out. I do know apple prefer people to come direct to them and they are supposed to be super duper, but not sure about Sony. It is your choice and they are taking the mickey

Read this.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058132671

When I phoned today it wasn't long before closing so maybe they wanted to get home. I think I'll go to the shop in the morning and see what they say then, still have my receipt at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

When I phoned the shop they said if I could get it on to safe mode and connect directly to my WiFi router it could probably be fixed with an update but the problem is I can't get safe mode to start.

Same issue as my friend. Will drop a note here if he fixes his.

Advertisement