Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Doorbell 2 vs 3

Options
  • 19-12-2020 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

The ring 3 is almost double the price of the 2 without being much of an upgrade only difference is 5g connectivity and a 30 second pre roll.

Unless im missing something, is it worth getting a 3 over a 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

nerrad01 wrote: »
    The ring 3 is almost double the price of the 2 without being much of an upgrade only difference is 5g connectivity and a 30 second pre roll.

Unless im missing something, is it worth getting a 3 over a 2?

I chose the 3 over the 2 primarily for the 5G connectivity and the fact it's the latest model. You do get a second facia plate and additional mounting plates for angle or corner placements which some may find practical. The camera is class even in night vision and the app makes everything a doddle to control. Motion detection notification and clarity of the 2way communication is instantaneous. I'm using The rechargeable battery but plan to wire it longer term. The 2 seems to share everything else so probably not a bad choice either way.
    The anti theft screw may not be so anti theft but Apart from that I can't find much to knock it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭nerrad01

thanks for that, i ended up going for the 3 as i got it for the same price as the 2 when it was bundled with the alarm. But from reading all the reviews the version 2 is an absolute bargain at 80 euro with no real disadvantages

Advertisement