Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Football Championship Final 2020 Mayo v Dublin MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

doc_17 wrote: »
    Joke of a referee. Joke of a venue. Joke of a system. WAKE UP
    GAA

In fairness, no other stadium in the country could take the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Mayo might not win it for another ten years but they will win eventually , Dublin wont be at this standard forever

again no consolation to Mayo followers but sport is cruel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Brings the split closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

doc_17 wrote: »
    Joke of a referee. Joke of a venue. Joke of a system. WAKE UP
    GAA

I would advise everyone to withdraw any sort of funding or support for the gaa until this dublin clown situation is dealt with.

And dublin I would have some support for you if you openly acknowledged this joke championship. Jim Gavin admitted to it in private with other managers a few years ago but NOT in public. Time to change that now dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

The most damning thing is Mayo don’t even look too disappointed. Knew they were unlikely to win anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Troll banned for a disgraceful comment.

His comments should be deleted too and where he was quoted .

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

If Mayo did not play Dublin.. In the last 10 years.. I'd say it's realistic. To say they would of only had 2 competitive games in 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

thought it was a pretty good final until the last fifteen minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Dublin many levels above the rest. That was a team coasting.

Once Mayo dropped the ball at the 21 on the 55th they turned on their game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FinglasFollain

Philly coming on in the end, lol. See if O’Connor and O’Shea might swap their digs for a medal.

Two Brians’ excellent second half, Howard particularly the difference, freed up Fenton to dictate.

As an aside to the two Mayo players above, the rest played and battled well. Missed their chance in the first half and the 10mins with the extra man. Good newcomers who should be around for a few years. Relying on O’Shea to perform in a final might be a thing of the Past for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

revin' for seven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

€35 million in taxpayers cash went to fund this charade, the vast majority of which went directly in to this Dublin team. Remember that when your loved ones are dying of Covid19 and the students nurses on the breadline. It takes a particular type of sycophant or idiot to celebrate what we are watching here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well with Coldrick that was always likely.

Having the ref let rules not apply to one team will help considerably.

It was Mayo been crap in the 2nd half not the ref

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

There'll be an asterisk beside this win, Sligo were in with a shout until Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

It's gonna be 7,8,9 in a row. It's one professional team against the rest. Must kinda kill dub fans even though they'd never admit it yee haven't won an all fairly since 1995.

Must kill the rest of the country that they cannot string out an equally skillful and fit team to beat them.

If you think any Dub gives one shíte what the rest of the Country thinks you're sadly mistaken.

They were in the wilderness between 1995 and 2011 and now all the culchies are up in arms because they are dominant having put together the best squad of all time. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

I'd say Roddy Collins could even manage this team to 10 in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 25,565 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Well done to the Dubs strong strong team.

I haven’t watched much football in a few years but as an aside why is it acceptable for opponents to taunt and shout at an opposition player right in their face? Seems very immature. Have seen it a few times there from both teams.

Hasn't it always been normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Dublin's backroom team run onto the pitch at the final whistle.

1395581434523.jpg?v=1395849157

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Why was Dessie Farrell wearing a mask during the match and now when he's hugging players he isn't

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Car99 wrote: »
    His comments should be deleted too and where he was quoted .
    I think I got them all. Please report any posts that quoted that poster if I missed one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭C__MC

risteard7 wrote: »
    I'd say Roddy Collins could even manage this team to 10 in a row

Pat Dolan

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Mayo probably would have won if they weren’t crap for the whole second half...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Easy fix for all this anyway. Next year, Dublin can only have 14 players. Win in again at they're down to 13 for 2022 and so on until it's just Cluxton v Mayo in 2040.

I'd fancy Cluxton to win that one tbh.

Sure didn't Mayo score two own goals in the 2016 final?

Cluxton might not necessarily need outfield players to win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mayo shat the bed a bit there. They left 4 or so easy points short into cluxton hands and a few more handy enough ones went wide or overplayed.

The ref wasn't great, but Dublin would've ground it out with 14 passing it around their backs.

A hockey style rule where once the ball goes past a certain mark, it can't be passed backwards would be huge and encourage end to end to attacking play a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

theguzman wrote: »
    €35 million in taxpayers cash went to fund this charade, the vast majority of which went directly in to this Dublin team. Remember that when your loved ones are dying of Covid19 and the students nurses on the breadline.

Jesus wept lad. Dublin winning the All Ireland killed your granny? Have a word with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

STB. wrote: »
    Must kill the rest of the country that they cannot string out an equally skillful and fit team to beat them.

If you think any Dub gives one shíte what the rest of the Country thinks you're sadly mistaken.

They were in the wilderness between 1995 and 2011 and now all the culchies are up in arms because they are dominant having put together the best squad of all time. LOL

Here's a picture of them taken earlier with their extensive backroom team:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs90ztK6I-bafpkEZ9mkA4FL4xCQpbBWxGLw&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

It's gonna be 7,8,9 in a row. It's one professional team against the rest. Must kinda kill dub fans even though they'd never admit it yee haven't won an all Ireland fairly since 1995.

I thought we cheated in that one as well? Cop on to yourself will ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Mayo might not win it for another ten years but they will win eventually , Dublin wont be at this standard forever

again no consolation to Mayo followers but sport is cruel

Dublin will be at this level for a long long time. Massive catchment area , well run , lots of support and it's a good number. Being on that team must have some indirect financial benefits also.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Reading the speech? You'd think Cuxton should be able to give the speech backwards while solving a rubix cube at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,427 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Social media awash with the fake fans celebrating!!

Advertisement