Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Football Championship Final 2020 Mayo v Dublin MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

I’m delighted, I’m out having a beer celebrating the greatest team ever. For the offended “neutral” I feel for ya, not. Might even have a Midleton to celebrate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Eamon_

That Scully lad is a disgrace.

O Connor comes in with an open hand hitting the ball and Scully goes down like he was shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

benji79 wrote: »
    My clubs second team won a Junior B league last year and there was more excitement at the final whistle that day

Kids teams are like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Misguided1

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Absolute crap, what's the asterisk ?, I'm not from Dublin, but, they're a great team, Mayo had their chances over the years but bottled it everytime, Kerry were also close, can't stand all the whining about the Dublin dominance, it's time for the other teams to step up.

Do you believe that Dublin are not dominating?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

STB. wrote: »
    Must kill the rest of the country that they cannot string out an equally skillful and fit team to beat them.

If you think any Dub gives one shíte what the rest of the Country thinks you're sadly mistaken.

They were in the wilderness between 1995 and 2011 and now all the culchies are up in arms because they are dominant having put together the best squad of all time. LOL

I doubt yee do care in general, but deep down yee know yee havent won fairly since the 90s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Absolute crap, what's the asterisk ?, I'm not from Dublin, but, they're a great team, Mayo had their chances over the years but bottled it everytime, Kerry were also close, can't stand all the whining about the Dublin dominance, it's time for the other teams to step up.

Yeah just step up and get allocated 15 million more than everyone else, plus crazy sponsorship deals, get to play all their games at home, have other natural advantages such as population. And the volunteers too, dont forget about those volunteers.

Step up Leitrim!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

The lack of objectivity from the commentators was the worse I've ever seen. Their tone when Dublin scored to when Mayo scored was sickening, they should be ashamed. Dublin were lucky to be a few points ahead at the end, it it were close the officials would defiantly found a way to get Mayo over the line. Mayo players falling over and getting free kicks, Mayo player boxed a Dublin player in the back of the head near the end when he was on the ground "it's not as bad as it looks " the commentator says.

That was a box? Wow

"Bottled" is such a bull**** and insulting thing to say

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Celtic are playing tomorrow, another final for the Dub supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

theguzman wrote: »
    The true blue who was in Parnell Park and below in Tralee and sold tickets, I call them the Ronny Drew generation, they are ashamed of what is happening and whilst they'll celebrate tonight they would not begrudge Mayo. They are in the minority now replaced by the prawn sandwich brigade, the same people who will hop on anything successful, most are new Liverpool fans at the moment but have City shirts just incase.

Have they Leinster shirts too..??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

People's comments about Stephen Cluxton shows how little they know about him.He has been like this all through his career. The greatest goalkeeper
    in the history of Gaelic Football.
    I am not from Dublin.

• Fann Linn wrote: »
    How do you know that?
    Or are you spoofing?

One doesn't need to be a member of the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit to know it to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Strumms wrote: »
    He’s just won his 8th all Ireland medal, I doubt he’s slightly concerned by your critique of his speech...

He’s a fûcking brilliant dude. :)

No but it sounds like I touched a nerve with you there with my critique. Why would I expect him to be concerned, hes hardly on boards at this moment in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It does amuse me when ya see some dubs fans trying to act like winning is an actual achievement :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,565 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

"Bottled" is such a bull**** and insulting thing to say

In fairness the other side of the argument are claiming the Dublin players are taking illegal payments and their wins are invalid so it's not that insulting in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Mayo keeping good teams out of finals for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,246 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

No but it sounds like I touched a nerve with you there with my critique. Why would I expect him to be concerned, hes hardly on boards at this moment in time?

I’m touching a nice cold drink, relaxing and basking in a very great achievement, good victory, smiles all around.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

One doesn't need to be a member of the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit to know it to be true.

Ah so you're spoofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Mayo can have no real complaints today. They carried no threat from play going forward relying on frees and marks for their scores, Dublin were comfortable defending against them. If Mayo carried a bigger threat it could have been different as Dublin were not that good today

• Advertisement

crusier wrote: »

By beating them.....perhaps. Might be too complex a concept for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

crusier wrote: »

What a stupid comment, but expected from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Congrats Mayo, best county in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

theguzman wrote: »
    €35 million in taxpayers cash went to fund this charade, the vast majority of which went directly in to this Dublin team. Remember that when your loved ones are dying of Covid19 and the students nurses on the breadline. It takes a particular type of sycophant or idiot to celebrate what we are watching here.

thats some political posturing there

• Registered Users Posts: 25,565 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

RoyalCelt wrote: »

Having been to Mayo I imagine that is another competition they will never win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Stick to the soccer threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭corny

pjohnson wrote: »
    It does amuse me when ya see some dubs fans trying to act like winning is an actual achievement :pac:

It is for the players. The sacrifices they make and the dedication they show is real. It shouldn't be pissed on.

I can never understand how people take such pride in the achievements of others anyway. Yes sport is great and we can vicariously share in the thrill but ffs they're not our achievements.

Congrats to Dublin. Managed the game brilliantly when down to 14 men. A class team and deserved winners. Great effort from Mayo. Lacked ideas in the second half and Dublin are too good at closing out a game (brutal to watch but it works).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

pjohnson wrote: »

It'll change when they are asked to pay €80 for tickets next year. Expect Dublin County Board will be sending 20,000+ of their allocation back to HQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

RoyalCelt wrote: »

Yeah. They were even in the game for 15 seconds.

Advertisement