Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Football Championship Final 2020 Mayo v Dublin MOD NOTE POST #1

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

C__MC wrote: »
    Dessie cahill bumping up the dubs for sweeping the dressing room got me

Well they didn't have to travel 3 hrs plus to get home and it is their stadium after all. ;)
    Fann Linn wrote: »
    If you were talking about Louth or Limerick footballers ye might be on to something.
    On the other hand Mayo footballers are frequent attendees at Crocker.

Next thing you will be telling us is that it is our home ground just as much as Dublin's. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭C__MC

I think dublins win Saturday was a trade mark victory in recent times
    They love to keep ball and suffocate the life out of teams
    One of the great things they can do is kill a game from about 50 mins on, they just kill it by draining the opposition with relentless passing and running.
    Similar to Kerry last year and galway the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,142 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It’s admirable the way Dublin keep the ball. I have yet to see them lose it to Mayo once they go into the zone of just wasting time.

They made Mayo look so average and lost when they do it. I be honest though Mayo make it too easy too by sitting back. Sometimes you need be bit brace and aggressive. Mayo have never done that.

It’s admirable the way Dublin keep the ball. I have yet to see them lose it to Mayo once they go into the zone of just wasting time.

They made Mayo look so average and lost when they do it. I be honest though Mayo make it too easy too by sitting back. Sometimes you need be bit brace and aggressive. Mayo have never done that.

Ahh bullshyte.

Mayo were out on their feet for last 10 odd minutes.
    They had subbed a couple of the new guys who sometimes had made poor decisions.
    Then again first big game in Croke Park against Dublin.

Mayo had the following starting players who had never played in All Ireland before: Oisín Mullin, Eoghan McLaughlin, Mattie Ruane, Ryan O’Donoghue and Tommy Conroy.
    And all in all they didn't do badly at all.

Mayo's bench is no way comparable to Dublins and the Dublin subs like Howard had massive influence on the game.
    BTW Howard a back to back All Star, Mannion another All Star.
    Costello going for 7th All Ireland.

The intensity Mayo had brought had only lasted so long.

No one can live with Dublin in the last 10/20 minutes of a game.
    The same happened with Kerry last year.

And it seems it is much the same with the women.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

if Cluxton wasnt playing it would make a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    For all the talk of money, if Cluxton wasnt playing it would make a big difference.

We've heard this about plenty of players. None have been missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭crossman47

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    For all the talk of money, if Cluxton wasnt playing it would make a big difference.

Not on Saturday. His kickouts were actually pilfered by Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Folks, are the rumours of an FL team looking at young Mullins true. For me he was up there with Kilkenny with his performance on Saturday. Hopefully he stays put, he would be a huge loss to the game and not just Mayo if he were to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Folks, are the rumours of an FL team looking at young Mullins true. For me he was up there with Kilkenny with his performance on Saturday. Hopefully he stays put, he would be a huge loss to the game and not just Mayo if he were to go.

Was just asking someone from Kilmain about that only an hour ago. Heavy interest in him and an offer made last year (apparently), but wants to give Mayo a few years.

He is some talent, would be a big loss if he decided to go to the AFL. Couldn't blame him if he did, nice money and lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I have agreed he’s a great player, unfortunately he went missing for the 2nd half when Mayo needed leaders. Inexcusable for a player of his experience. The same could be laid at AOS doorstep.

I don't get this argument for players in the full forward line, they are hugely dependent on the ball in and possession out the field.
    Kilkenny got very little ball in the first half when Mayo had most of the ball and Dublin had very little platform to get ball to him. The same thing happened COC in the second half.
    If he kicked bad wides, gave away a few balls, or was beaten to a few balls he should have got, then yes he could be criticized, but when Mayo died out of the game in the last 20 it is no surprise that their full forward line went out of the game.

AOS is a strange one. If it was me, I wouldn't start him against the Dubs, the day of the low percentage ball into a big full forward is long gone against the Dubs, they are likely to get more scores from it than the team using the tactic.
    He has been and is a great warrior for Mayo, but I think you just need more pace and mobility against the Dubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Was just asking someone from Kilmain about that only an hour ago. Heavy interest in him and an offer made last year (apparently), but wants to give Mayo a few years.

He is some talent, would be a big loss if he decided to go to the AFL. Couldn't blame him if he did, nice money and lifestyle.

Ya, you couldn't. Hard to turn down a good living and the chance to be a pro sportsman.
    Such a shame seeing really talented players wasting it playing that ****e of a sport (obviously in my opinion, I'm sure some people think it is great entertainment).

I would advise him and young Irwin to pack their bags and go for it.

Why should he stay?
    To possibly end up like AOS, Barrett, Leeroy, etc ?

Great you break your balls giving up your life, but in the end the odds are firmly stacked against you.

Good luck to him if he goes for it.

And I would advise any other footballer near an intercounty side to do the same if given the chance.
    Life is too short to pass up chances like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

robbiezero wrote: »
    Ya, you couldn't. Hard to turn down a good living and the chance to be a pro sportsman.
    Such a shame seeing really talented players wasting it playing that ****e of a sport (obviously in my opinion, I'm sure some people think it is great entertainment).

Having played it for a bit (No GAA in my part of the world) I think it's a good game, but it's never as great to watch as gaelic football can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,755 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I wonder would moving Aidan O'Shea in or around midfield when Mayo were a man up would it have made a difference? Giving them a platform to dominate more when Mayo had the man advantage for 10 minutes?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement