Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Broadband

• 19-12-2020 8:34pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭

VF might not be everyones cup of tea, but who is?
    I went into my local VF shop to sign up for their €40/m offer for 1GB broadband. As we were talking she said there was a €50 install fee.
    When I asked if she would do anything about it, she discounted the 12 month deal down to €30 per month.

Some price for 1GB BB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭a clanger

Porting a land line to a new package over is a nightmare of delays and obfuscation. Dealing with the call centre in Mumbai is as frustrating as it sounds. Aged parents left with a phone for over a week and no BB for 4 days. When you do get everything sorted its fine but caveat emptor for the initial switch over !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

a clanger wrote: »
    Porting a land line to a new package over is a nightmare of delays and obfuscation. Dealing with the call centre in Mumbai is as frustrating as it sounds. Aged parents left with a phone for over a week and no BB for 4 days. When you do get everything sorted its fine but caveat emptor for the initial switch over !!

I concur, you get passed around so many people and some of the CS agents can have very different dialects of english which are difficult to understand.
    I have moved from VF and don't see myself going back. There's so many telcos based here that answer the phone or reply to an email quickly and with real solutions. And their price isn't much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Have Vodafone BB for a couple of years as it works perfectly in my area.

It was 30 euro a month for the first 12 months then 45 a month thereafter. I just call them up every year and tell them I'm moving to a cheaper provider and they extend the 30 a month deal for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 nicolaed1

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Same

same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Mav11

Its Cairo and I never had a problem with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭matzen

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Same
    Managed to get it for €25 for the next 12 months. Otherwise the price would have been €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Vodafone are absolute nightmare, they are worse than Eir.
    I switched over from Sky on November 17th.

Order: 36605767
    Appointment date: 20 November 2020

Had a appointment for 20th, no show.
    Despite numerous calls 8 + empty promises, even free credit, but what good is free credit without the successful switchover?
    This was for the broadband, tv and phone package.
    When you ask for the install date, you get the its in hand version of events.
    Any idea lads, what should the next step be?

kmb wrote: »

Despite numerous calls 8 + empty promises, even free credit, but what good is free credit without the successful switchover?

Let's not be talking crazy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

whiterebel wrote: »
    VF might not be everyones cup of tea, but who is?
    I went into my local VF shop to sign up for their €40/m offer for 1GB broadband. As we were talking she said there was a €50 install fee.
    When I asked if she would do anything about it, she discounted the 12 month deal down to €30 per month.

Some price for 1GB BB.

Hi is that offer for home broadband only or are there landline calls included ? Also wondering where did u see that offer.

ballybro wrote: »
    Hi is that offer for home broadband only or are there landline calls included ? Also wondering where did u see that offer.

It's for broadband only.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/broadband.html?c_id=christmas&c_name=christmas&c_source=homepage&c_medium=other&c_content=switch-to-broadband&c_term=broadband&c_type=home-page

To get it down further to e.g. €30 you have to use that good old fashioned ballybro sweet talk.

• Advertisement

Let's not be talking crazy now.

At least with Eir i got service, whereas with Vodafone, nothing.

Yes but I believe you are an exception. There are more people who've had issues getting both initially set up and then also having sub-par service with Eir than there are with Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm with vodafone. Was paying €40 a month for gigabit broadband and phone. Contract was coming to an end at end of October, so messaged them on twitter asking what next step was. They replied to offer a callback, I said yes. They rang a few hours later, they said they can give me same for €35 for 12 months, I didn't need to do anything other than accept T&Cs. No brainer for me...

Yes but I believe you are an exception. There are more people who've had issues getting both initially set up and then also having sub-par service with Eir than there are with Vodafone.

To be honest, all I want is the service which I signed up for.
    Been a exception or what you believe will not get it to me any faster.

To be honest, all I want is the service which I signed up for.
    Been a exception or what you believe will not get it to me any faster.

Oh of course, was just pointing out that Eir are in fact still the worst.

I will be re-joining Vodafone myself on Wednesday, hopefully I won't have the issues you've had. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Moved from Eir to VFglad to get away from Eir.

My phone number took about 3 weeks to get ported but |I think this was Eir waiting to close my account, they billed me for an extra month so had to wait for the next bill with credit to end the account and get my number. stay away from Eir as it's impossible to contact them by any method even facebook as they take days to answer and most times don't even bother.

Glad I moved but VF modem Gigabox is crap.

€29 pm + all irish landline calls anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Is their broadband through telephone landline or coax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amdaley28

CyberGhost wrote: »

Mine is through copper landline.
    Others may have it differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I think it will depend on what is available in your area, mine is Fiber to the cabinet FTTC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Oh of course, was just pointing out that Eir are in fact still the worst.

I will be re-joining Vodafone myself on Wednesday, hopefully I won't have the issues you've had. :)

Eir shouldn't be supported

• Advertisement

Mine is Siro, which is fibre to the home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

dulpit wrote: »
    Mine is Siro, which is fibre to the home.

Is Siro not different from Vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I had 25 for 9 months which expired in Nov and was given 25 for 12 months ! Never had issues barring nation-wide outages couple of times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is Siro not different from Vodafone?
    Vf is a re-seller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Called them up and they won't give an existing customer the same price as a new customer. You have to leave, a bit of a hassle but it's €180 a year price difference to Pure Telecom for example who also resell SIRO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Similar stuff here. Ended up cancelling the order and going with another ISP.

muffler wrote: »
    Vf is a re-seller

No difference

Called them up and they won't give an existing customer the same price as a new customer. You have to leave, a bit of a hassle but it's €180 a year price difference to Pure Telecom for example who also resell SIRO.

Pure sell gigabyte for e55 after time limit, e40 before, I get siro gigabit from VF for e35

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Update: Install booked for today 08:30-13:30. They rang beforehand, arrived about 10am. As usual problem with the house, Eircom socket in a bad place, looks like the conduit may have collapsed outside. Need to send a different team out to drill holes and find the old copper cable. 2 lads couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. Due a call back to reschedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I had the same when moving from VDSL to SIRO. Not a budge. And they didn't seem to believe me that I was going to leave.
    At least once I have SIRO with pure, moving should be easier going forward.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I had the same when moving from VDSL to SIRO. Not a budge. And they didn't seem to believe me that I was going to leave.
    At least once I have SIRO with pure, moving should be easier going forward.

Must be who you deal with so. When Siro came available in our area I was in contract but rang anyway to see. They offered me a new 12 month contract at 35 a month at the time, I was on a 30 a month got 6 months and 45 a month for second 6 months, so worked out better. And I got that renewed easy peasy too...

Lack of consistency is very annoying...

Pure sell gigabyte for e55 after time limit, e40 before, I get siro gigabit from VF for e35
    They wouldn't offer me that. The best they'd do is €50 for 1Gb so it's worth my while going to Pure's 500Mb for €35 especially as that's on eirs fiber.

Edit: Getting eir fiber installed will of course make it easy for me to switch between all the fiber providers and virgin in future ofc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

For what it's worth, we joined Vodafone from Eir in the summer and have had constant connection drops daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was with VF for 100mb broadband and home phone and the package was €25 for 6 months and then €45 for the next 6 months. Averaged out at €35 / month. The contract was up about a month ago so I rang and asked what they could do to keep me as a customer and they offered me another 12 months for €39 a month with free UK landline calls thrown in. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Renewed my contract 100mb for 35 per month for 12 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Mav11

Had a problem with my bill this morning, rang 1907. Call answered straight away by a CSR. Call dropped while I was explaining the issue. Rang back and got through to a different CSR, again straight away. The billing issue was resolved and a credit issued within 5 mins. When I got off the call the original CSR rang me immediately apologising for the dropped call.

I'd be fairly certain that this level of service or anything like it, would not be available from EIR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I agree with the above poster. I was with Eir for a long time, recently changed to Vodafone. The difference in customer service is black-and-white. At the very minimum, Vodafone at least answer your phonecall.

People comparing eir to voda customer care is just unfair..using voda since last year and half and they are great...had billing issues speed issues..all were addressed on the phone and had my contract renewed at great price too through callback by their loyalty team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I'm an existing VF customer and they've offered me an upgrade to 500mb SIRO at the same price with no connection fee. Seemed fair enough to me as it's also a 12 month contract whereas the FTTC one is 18 months. Think it depends on where you live, they seem to have different promotions for different areas.
    One other thing, possibly, is that I am out of contract, doesn't make sense for them to make concessions if you have a year to run on your contract.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Righto. It was rebooked for today, 31st. OpenEir rang yestrerday, but I missed the call. Rang them back 4 times, no reply. They turned up anyway about 11. Turns out he COULD pull the fibre through and did. Then the guy arrived to finish the install and found another problem. Off until Monday. An hour later, he calls back and he's found the problem and fixed it. 3pm running Gigabit BB. In fairness to the lads, they couldn't have been more helpful. Now wait for VF to bfill me for overuse, or overcharge or something.......

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I'm an existing VF customer and they've offered me an upgrade to 500mb SIRO at the same price with no connection fee. Seemed fair enough to me as it's also a 12 month contract whereas the FTTC one is 18 months. Think it depends on where you live, they seem to have different promotions for different areas.
    One other thing, possibly, is that I am out of contract, doesn't make sense for them to make concessions if you have a year to run on your contract.
    I'm out of contract. I think it may be linked to your usage, if you are high enough they might be happy enough to see you move.

I'm out of contract. I think it may be linked to your usage, if you are high enough they might be happy enough to see you move.

Maybe so, I wouldn't be a big user, maybe 50gb a month. They don't make it easy to find usage stats now, it used to be prominent on the bill but can't see it now.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Maybe so, I wouldn't be a big user, maybe 50gb a month. They don't make it easy to find usage stats now, it used to be prominent on the bill but can't see it now.

It's there on the app

It's there on the app

Don't use the app which is probably why I didn't see it. They used to have it on the bill, you could look up usage for months past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Longbobby

Total agree
    I switch network and tv provider in nov of 2020
    They arranged a date and tine they would call to instail they said between 1 pm-6 pm engineer would call on 15 dec
    At 5.45 the office called and said engineer was delayed and would not make it
    So they would have to re-book another appointment
    4 weeks later and about 20 called to there Customer services they arrange another appointment
    This was last Friday 29 between 1pm and 6 pm
    Engineers arrived and Instailed both internet and tv hun but said there was a problem with Tec department they said it would go live within 2 hrs
    So sat still nothing I rang and have rang twice everyday over the last 6 days and still no joy
    My last call. Was with a Enginner today at 4 pm Friday 5th fed 2021 as he said he would have fixed within 1 hr and call me back
    It is now 3 hrs later and 8 days after installation and still no services
    If you want broadband stay well away for Vodafone

Longbobby wrote: »
    Total agree
    I switch network and tv provider in nov of 2020
    They arranged a date and tine they would call to instail they said between 1 pm-6 pm engineer would call on 15 dec
    At 5.45 the office called and said engineer was delayed and would not make it
    So they would have to re-book another appointment
    4 weeks later and about 20 called to there Customer services they arrange another appointment
    This was last Friday 29 between 1pm and 6 pm
    Engineers arrived and Instailed both internet and tv hun but said there was a problem with Tec department they said it would go live within 2 hrs
    So sat still nothing I rang and have rang twice everyday over the last 6 days and still no joy
    My last call. Was with a Enginner today at 4 pm Friday 5th fed 2021 as he said he would have fixed within 1 hr and call me back
    It is now 3 hrs later and 8 days after installation and still no services
    If you want broadband stay well away for Vodafone

Publish it on twitter (publicly as in FAO VF etc)
    Then contact them via DM on twitter with screenshot etc etc you'll find them accommodating, worked for me, now I find them brilliant, bit have no problem with highlighting any issues publicly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

With VF on Siro for 2 years now and find them excellent. Always used my own router for my setup and never had any issue until about 2 weeks ago.
    Called them for assistance and they were brilliant. Girl on the phone trying her best to resolve the issue for about an hour. Called back within another hour with an update and engineer out to the house with 3 days.
    Replaced their modem and reset the line.
    I purchased a newer router and back to normal service as before.

This is my second time returning to them as I find them the best our there. Could be a location thing for my service.

Sup08 wrote: »
    With VF on Siro for 2 years now and find them excellent. Always used my own router for my setup and never had any issue until about 2 weeks ago.
    Called them for assistance and they were brilliant. Girl on the phone trying her best to resolve the issue for about an hour. Called back within another hour with an update and engineer out to the house with 3 days.

This is my second time returning to them as I find them the best our there. Could be a location thing for my service.

Same, though I've had several modems and engineers out, I find just unplugging router daily reboots it back up to good speed, I reckon vf throttles back on occasion, you're not near carrigaline by any chance?
    My speeds are erratic lately

Sup08 wrote: »

Echo that top service on my connection whenever i had any issues !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is the Gigabox router really that bad? Our wifi drops intermittently each day. Would a new router help? Would VF have alternative routers themselves?

• Advertisement
Advertisement