Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Query...

Options
  • 19-12-2020 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭

My Dad posted my bro and I xmas cards... same day - my bro's arrived 2 days ago but mine has not... thing is he put a cheque in it... what to do?
    Should he cancel the cheque or is it worth waiting a day or two to see if it arrives?
    He posted them from the same office... same day - and we are at the same address.... could this happen that there would be a delay between delivery times?

Anyone with any inside info re" An Post?

TIA

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

Wait a few more days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

Dunfyy wrote: »
    Wait a few more days

thanks - you think? how would they have been seprated?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

sporina wrote: »

Sorting setups are extremely busy. If handwritten they would both have had to be manually checked at some point and this could have them separated, amongst other potential reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

sporina wrote:

Hundreds of sacks get emptied at the same time in the sorting office. It would more likely than not that they get separated. An Post are saying to allow at least 5 full working days for delivery at the moment.

It'll probably be delivered Monday or Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Hundreds of sacks get emptied at the same time in the sorting office. It would more likely than not that they get separated. An Post are saying to allow at least 5 full working days for delivery at the moment.

It'll probably be delivered Monday or Tuesday

Times have improved hugely, but correct that all letters from several sacks are tumbled in together.

There is Sunday delivery tomorrow too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement