Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting alarm wire

Options
  • 20-12-2020 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭

Recently had windows installed and the guys cut the alarm wire (getting new alarm fitted shortly). That was no problem, think it went off once and I reset it it.

There are some alarm wires that I would like to snip, including the panic button as the cable is now running across the floor after lifting carpets.

Any issues if I just snip the wires or is it just a case that the alarm may sound off and I have to reset it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Naos wrote: »
    Recently had windows installed and the guys cut the alarm wire (getting new alarm fitted shortly). That was no problem, think it went off once and I reset it it.

There are some alarm wires that I would like to snip, including the panic button as the cable is now running across the floor after lifting carpets.

Any issues if I just snip the wires or is it just a case that the alarm may sound off and I have to reset it?

Cheers

Is your existing system monitored?

Just when a Panic alarm cable is cut, it has a more significant consequences than a normal alarm detector cable.

I take it your new system will be wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭65535

Some of the alarm wires will be set as 'normally closed' at the alarm panel program.
    If you open them by cutting them then the alarm should sound.

Advertisement