Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ariel in Samsung Smart TV Auto Scan - No UK channels?

• 20-12-2020 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi all.
    We plugged our ariel into our Samsung Smart TV and ran an auto channel scan. It picked up all the Saorview channels (RTE1 HD etc etc) but has no UK channels (BBC, ITV, Channel 4).

Is it possible to get these or do I need to do something else?

I tried manual scan but it's confusing. I just get a frequency and a bandwidth option (7mhz or 8mhz).

I'm not entirely sure what to do or if it's possible by plugging direct into TV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Alan3002 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    We plugged our ariel into our Samsung Smart TV and ran an auto channel scan. It picked up all the Saorview channels (RTE1 HD etc etc) but has no UK channels (BBC, ITV, Channel 4).

I tried manual scan but it's confusing. I just get a frequency and a bandwidth option (7mhz or 8mhz).

I'm not entirely sure what to do or if it's possible by plugging direct into TV.

You need a satellite dish to pick them up unless you are in NI or just along the boarder.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Hi all.

Where are you based ? Might be limited to saorview only without a satellite dish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Hi all.

Satellite or IPTV

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Alan3002

Ah shoot. I'm in Limerick and figured I could get them.

The house we moved into had a tiny little like receiver box that the ariel went into and then a hdmi into the TV. This got us a bunch of channels including BBCs etc etc.

I figured bypassing the box and straight into the TV would have done the same thing for us.

Advertisement