Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curraghchase Forest Park

• 20-12-2020 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Hello

Curraghchase is normally eur5 to enter with the car...I am told it is free in December as they sell xmas tress in the park.

Can anyone pls confirm?

Tx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭AnonZen

I don't know about free entry but they don't sell Christmas trees in the park anymore. Curraghchase Garden Centre does that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

AnonZen wrote: »
    I don't know about free entry but they don't sell Christmas trees in the park anymore. Curraghchase Garden Centre does that now.

Noted, thanks, so I will have to start counting coins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

If you are going to make a habit of it you can get a yearly access card for €40 ( €35 to renew)

Does all the Coillte forests.

https://websales.coillte.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Its the best 5 Euro you could spend, lovely walks and well maintained. Beautiful walk around the Lake and lots of different routes through the forest itself. Very nice tea shop in the caravan park part which is on the way in before you go as far as the main parking area.

The few staff that work in Forest park itself do a great job keeping the place in good order. You have a few selfish people not taking away their rubbish and some people who dont keep their dogs on leads but 99% of people are decent and appreciate this fine facility.

hurler32 wrote: »
    Its the best 5 Euro you could spend, lovely walks and well maintained. Beautiful walk around the Lake and lots of different routes through the forest itself. Very nice tea shop in the caravan park part which is on the way in before you go as far as the main parking area.

The few staff that work in Forest park itself do a great job keeping the place in good order. You have a few selfish people not taking away their rubbish and some people who dont keep their dogs on leads but 99% of people are decent and appreciate this fine facility.

I'd echo all that except to say loads and loads of people go way above the 25 km/h speed limit from the barrier to the car park so be careful if you are walking on that stretch of road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

I'd echo all that except to say loads and loads of people go way above the 25 km/h speed limit from the barrier to the car park so be careful if you are walking on that stretch of road.

Why people walk on that road when there is miles of good trails is another matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Treepole wrote: »
    Why people walk on that road when there is miles of good trails is another matter

It's not Modello, it's a forest park, people need to reduce their speed.

Treepole wrote: »

Easy surface for buggies is one reason. Another is people park outside the gate and walk in. I am biased though, as I work in a job that gives me daily insight into the terrible damage car accidents do to people. Anyone who speeds through an urban or park setting is simply a massive cúnt, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Easy surface for buggies is one reason. Another is people park outside the gate and walk in. I am biased though, as I work in a job that gives me daily insight into the terrible damage car accidents do to people. Anyone who speeds through an urban or park setting is simply a massive cúnt, imo.

People should be IQ tested before every drivers license renewal......Would get rid of most of the tail-gaters and other assorted morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Quitelife

was in here the weekend, caravan park not open for the summer , trail around the lake all closed off ( been like this for 6 months apparently) . Paths around the lake destroyed by tree cutting machines .
    Pity to see such a lovely place so unloved by its owners Coullte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I think the caravan park and the café closed permanently last year. It's been ages since I was there myself but might I suggest anybody out there in the next few weeks and months to make a complaint directly to Coilte about it?

Advertisement