Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etap shifter issues

Options
  • 20-12-2020 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Would someone know if their is a battery in the actual shifter of a 12 speed etap force axs please and if so how do you change it ? During spin today right shifter wouldn’t work and no light on it when i tried to pair it to the derailleurs. Left one is working perfectly. And help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I doubt there's a battery in it, they're just sending an outputs so will be sending voltage to the mechs from the main battery. Likely a poor connection damaged cable.

I'm not sure about sram but if like di2 push home the connections at the mechs then move to the shifters.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I doubt there's a battery in it, they're just sending an outputs so will be sending voltage to the mechs from the main battery. Likely a poor connection damaged cable.

Theirs no cables to damage as far as I know! It’s wi-fli but maybe their is a cable that I’m unaware of.

ciaeim wrote: »
    Theirs no cables to damage as far as I know! It’s wi-fli but maybe their is a cable that I’m unaware of.

Ah yeah sorry I'm an idiot :D

Yep there's a battery :)

Ah yeah sorry I'm an idiot :D

Yep there's a battery :)

Thanks. Changed the battery ( tried a few) now the light flashes orange instead of green ( was no light until changed battery) and can’t sync it to the derailleur. Left one is no problem. Anyone any ideas it’s doing my head in !

Thanks. Changed the battery ( tried a few) now the light flashes orange instead of green ( was no light until changed battery) and can’t sync it to the derailleur. Left one is no problem. Anyone any ideas it’s doing my head in !

You might need to disconnect the battery from the mech it's controlling the orange light could be it looking to pair with another device and the mech is probably in standby. I'm 100% guessing here but nothing ventured :D

• Advertisement

You might need to disconnect the battery from the mech it's controlling the orange light could be it looking to pair with another device and the mech is probably in standby. I'm 100% guessing here but nothing ventured :D

Thanks. I’ve taken out the coin batteries in the shifters going to get two new ones shortly and hopefully that will help.

Thanks. I’ve taken out the coin batteries in the shifters going to get two new ones shortly and hopefully that will help.

Put in 2 new coin cell batteries. Left shifter perfect but right still orange light. 🀔

Advertisement