Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty units beside regional Hospital

Options
  • 20-12-2020 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Beside my regional hospital are a number of modern empty shop units. I wonder what off campus businesses would complement a busy regional hospital ?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

My first question would be, why are they empty? Pandemic aside, most commercial units are leased or at least optioned prior to the building phase is complete.

The second question would be parking, anyone going to and from a regional hospital is likely driving (Unless they are staff). If they can't stop, they won't drop in.

Third, besides the hospital, what else is nearby? Are you in a residential area? Or surrounded by businesses which will all be quiet after 5 pm? What's the passing trade like?

Fourth, any plans for the hospital? Is it in danger of closing? Is there a new wing being added? Will traffic increase or decrease in the medium term?

All that considered, it would then be a question of how the units are outfitted. Are they for retail? Are the plumbed and fitted for a kitchen?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

6541 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Beside my regional hospital are a number of modern empty shop units. I wonder what off campus businesses would complement a busy regional hospital ?

Thanks,

Pharmacy would be the obvious one but very valid questions above by Ironclaw, which should be answered first

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Convenience store which does on-line ordering + deliveries.
    Because - even when visiting is restricted due to pandemics / vomiting bug - delivery drivers are allowed to make deliveries of things that patients order. And patients usually have smartphones.

Advertisement