Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel motel

Options
  • 20-12-2020 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I don’t know if this can be answered. I have ordered a few bit on Amazon before the announcement from parcel motel. One is due for delivery between 30 dec and Jan 5. But parcel motel in their site have said they won’t accept any parcels past 28th dec. should I cancel my purchases? Tried to phone Parcel motel but was on hold for the longest time
    Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Cerocco wrote: »
    I don’t know if this can be answered. I have ordered a few bit on Amazon before the announcement from parcel motel. One is due for delivery between 30 dec and Jan 5. But parcel motel in their site have said they won’t accept any parcels past 28th dec. should I cancel my purchases? Tried to phone Parcel motel but was on hold for the longest time

I think you should cancel. If, and its a big if, there is no agreement, PM say they will refuse any more deliveries to the north. Then you are fecked.

I am waiting on a parcel from Spain to PM to Dublin and aliexpress says it is in Antrim. I am hoping they get the finger out.

I think it will also depend on how strict they are on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

You may find the amazon timeline changes. I had an item with expected delivery Jan 5th. It changed today to Dec 23rd and dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I had a parcel delivered to Parcel Motel on the 23rd, and marked as received from the couriers, but still nothing from Parcel Motel. Technically it was received before the cutoff date, but its worrying that I've not heard since.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

I had a parcel delivered on the 24th and has since been delivered down to Dublin. You'll be alright, they're probably just busy with a late rush of orders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

It's really unacceptable how they handled this. They gave literally 4 working days notice of the complete removal of the service (and they made a pathetic attempt to make it sound like they gave more notice by saying anything arriving after the 28th wouldn't be accepted, when the 24th to the 28th were not working days!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,979 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

FWIW I've had about 5 parcels in various stages of being sent, all with the NI address on them. One was due to arrive on the 22nd, others between the 30th and 15 Jan.

So far 3 ( possibly 4) have gone to or through their Dublin depot, as in I've received an email saying the parcel was there.

In the past these emails would have said the parcel was in the NI depot.

So I think they are automatically redirecting, even though they said they wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

Just curious, did anyone have deliveries sent to their new address at UPS Customer Service, Have 3 items delivered there. No show on parcel motel so far. Amazon says they were delivered.

Also any deliveries that I had to the NI Depot, I have received them, maybe they are waiting to clear the backlog?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I had an item which DHL delivered to Parcel Motel NI depot yesterday (over 24 hours ago). No word from Parcel Motel that they received the item yet, when they say that I should get an email within 24hrs of the package arriving with them notifying me that they have it and it's in transit. It's an expensive item and I am starting to get worried. Have others found that PM have been slower checking in items since the announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,979 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

buyer95 wrote: »
    I had an item which DHL delivered to Parcel Motel NI depot yesterday (over 24 hours ago).

As per the email PM sent you, the NI depot closed to deliveries onthe the 28th.

If you're lucky, the item is redirected via Dublin.

• Advertisement

As per the email PM sent you, the NI depot closed to deliveries onthe the 28th.

If you're lucky, the item is redirected via Dublin.

Thanks. I got the email but I'm confused as to why the parcel has successfully been delivered to NI. Anyone else in same boat? Parcel delivered to Newtownabbey depot and heard no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Have anyone got anything delivered using the Irish address instead of Northern Ireland? If so, what was the delivery time and did you have a long wait to get your parcel in the locker compared to the NI address?

I am still waiting for items sent to the new PM Irish address, Amazon says they have been delivered. No sign on PM account.

edunne2010 wrote: »
    I am still waiting for items sent to the new PM Irish address, Amazon says they have been delivered. No sign on PM account.

I suppose they were off today, so hopefully we hear something tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I had an item delivered to the Newtownabbey address that was accepted on Dec 30th. Unfortunately the item was too big for the locker so got an email to collect it from the Cork depot. Went there on New Year's Eve afternoon and the depot was apparently closed. Nothing about Christmas hours on their website so assumed it would be open but apparently not.

Went there again this morning and still appears closed, also when I go into the parcel motel website it tells me it was delivered. Currently on the phone to try and find out what's going on but have been on hold for twenty minutes so far

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I had an item delivered to the Newtownabbey address that was accepted on Dec 30th. Unfortunately the item was too big for the locker so got an email to collect it from the Cork depot. Went there on New Year's Eve afternoon and the depot was apparently closed. Nothing about Christmas hours on their website so assumed it would be open but apparently not.

Went there again this morning and still appears closed, also when I go into the parcel motel website it tells me it was delivered. Currently on the phone to try and find out what's going on but have been on hold for twenty minutes so far

It may have changed since I last called them, but their number was not free! Just FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Pete123456 wrote: »
    It may have changed since I last called them, but their number was not free! Just FYI

I remained on hold for like 90 minutes but no joy. 1890 numbers are meant to be free so hopefully that didn't ruin me!

No idea what to do now, try them Monday first thing I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I remained on hold for like 90 minutes but no joy. 1890 numbers are meant to be free so hopefully that didn't ruin me!

No idea what to do now, try them Monday first thing I guess

From memory, 1890 are local rate, but could be more if calling from a mobile. 1800s are free I think...in any case, confirmation is one google away.

It is Sunday y'know.

sugarman wrote: »
    ....it's Saturday.

Damn this void around new years. At any rate, its the weekend. I wouldn't expect phone staff to be in

• Advertisement

After my parcel arrived the 29th in Newtownabbey and I didn't hear anything I was starting to believe my item was a lost cause. It's a laptop worth 800 euro so it really was a doomsday feeling. Just recieved a check in email 5 mins ago to say it's in Dublin depot. Praise Jebus. Seems that they are honouring the packages that arrived in NI up to the 31st, and are redirecting them without checking them in up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

Is it still possible to order seamlessly from Amazon UK via the Northern Irish proxy address and get it delivered to an ROI Parcel Motel?

It's just a cheap item worth a few pounds I'm looking at. Dehydrated Carolina Reaper peppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

TK Lemon wrote:
    Is it still possible to order seamlessly from Amazon UK via the Northern Irish proxy address and get it delivered to an ROI Parcel Motel?

No. Northern Irish address currently out of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

TK Lemon wrote: »

It's just a cheap item worth a few pounds I'm looking at. Dehydrated Carolina Reaper peppers.

I bough books from the book depository.co.uk on 28th December and used the parcel motel irish address and still haven’t got an email from parcel motel yet?

Does the Irish address take longer? Anyone any experiences using the Irish address when buying things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I bough books from the book depository.co.uk on 28th December and used the parcel motel irish address and still haven’t got an email from parcel motel yet?

Does the Irish address take longer? Anyone any experiences using the Irish address when buying things?

Book Depository isn't all that fast. Most of my orders over the years have taken 10 days plus to arrive. If you take New Year's Day into consideration, you haven't been waiting all that long.
    The use of Parcel Motel will add a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

I got an email from company that DHL will deliver tomorrow to Parcel Motel NI address. Any idea what's likely to happen to parcel now?

It had been on pre order well before 31st Dec and then got a ship date of February and hadn't gotten round to updating the order

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They have been refusing them since the start of the year, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

whiterebel wrote: »
    They have been refusing them since the start of the year, I believe.

Here's hoping it gets returned to sender

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ashersmc

Still waiting to hear from parcel motel re an item that was delivered on 17th December. Have completed the parcel diary and sent an email. Anyone in the same boat? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Just got notification that a preorder I’d forgotten about has shipped to parcel motel in Belfast. Rang Parcel Motel - they ‘have no one there’ to accept it anymore.
    Hoping it will be returned to sender.
    Annoying!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement