Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel motel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Had a parcel put in a motel to be sent to me last Friday morning. It's status is still Customer Stored so it hasn't moved yet. Is this normal? I would have thought they would be quiter than ever with no uk parcels coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I forgot Parcel Motel had stopped taking deliveries to re route them to the Republic. Item is due to arrive tomorrow evening. I wonder can I cancel it as I'm worried Parcel Motel won't send it back to Amazon. Any suggestions? It was a fire stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I forgot Parcel Motel had stopped taking deliveries to re route them to the Republic. Item is due to arrive tomorrow evening. I wonder can I cancel it as I'm worried Parcel Motel won't send it back to Amazon. Any suggestions? It was a fire stick.

Amazon generally won't cancel after its sent, they ask you to refuse to accept the package. It's what you'll have to hope PM do. Although given no packages are going there it's most likely they have no one signing for them anymore.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

See this post; they will refuse it, and it will be sent back to Amazon

Spocker wrote: »
    See this post; they will refuse it, and it will be sent back to Amazon

Okay thanks. Hopefully PM refuse it so it goes back to Amazon and not missing. Is there anyway of getting a Amazon firestick delivered to the Republic anymore?

• Advertisement

Okay thanks. Hopefully PM refuse it so it goes back to Amazon and not missing. Is there anyway of getting a Amazon firestick delivered to the Republic anymore?

Addresspal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I got one direct to me from Amazon with free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

RossieMan wrote:
    Addresspal.

Don't you have to pay UK & Irish VAT when using addresspal?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Don't you have to pay UK & Irish VAT when using addresspal?

Yes, plus the €6.50 they now charge for the delivery. AP is not viable unless it's something you really want and can't get by any other means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

Just get it sent directly by Amazon - you will just pay Irish VAT if it’s below €150.

• Advertisement

C3PO wrote:
    Just get it sent directly by Amazon - you will just pay Irish VAT if it’s below €150.

Would love to know how people are getting fire sticks direct. Last time I looked they don't ship here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

RossieMan wrote: »
    Would love to know how people are getting fire sticks direct. Last time I looked they don't ship here.

Try again or post a link to what you're looking at. I checked on mine and it's still available with free delivery here.

Must be using Amazon .de ??

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Smurf2000

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone was able to order direct from Amazon? Amazon uk won’t even give me the option to add the Firestick to my basket.
    Just this message
    “ This product only ships to the United Kingdom. Most content and services will not work if your country of residence is not the UK. Learn more about international use”
    Amazon Germany and Spain are the same-they only post within the own countries when it comes to the Fire Stick 4k.
    Any advice would be appreciated ðŸ‘

It lets you add it. That message seems bugged on the firestick. Have ordered one myself but have gotten the message and just ignored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Smurf2000 wrote:
    Hi All, Just wondering if anyone was able to order direct from Amazon? Amazon uk won’t even give me the option to add the Firestick to my basket. Just this message “ This product only ships to the United Kingdom. Most content and services will not work if your country of residence is not the UK. Learn more about international use†Amazon Germany and Spain are the same-they only post within the own countries when it comes to the Fire Stick 4k. Any advice would be appreciated ðŸ‘

I just added the 4k firestick without issue. If you are buying one though it's best to wait for prime day, in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,009 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Advertising your business here is not allowed. Outright facilitation of smuggling is also not going to be allowed. Lots of posts deleted for quoting stuff and thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement