Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Sales on Garmin

Options
  • 20-12-2020 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I’m in the market for a Garmin 530 and was wondering if I should purchase now, or will there be sales on Garmin in January?

Thanks.

Comments

Brexit could put a stick in the spokes of any decent offers on the UK sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DavisBXL

Judging by this year's extended black friday and cyber monday price drops, I'd hold out - plenty of Garmin stuff got discounted, including on EU-wide sites. Probably worth keeping an eye on sites like Bike Radar who compile discounts.

Also if the pound drops with Brexit, couldn't you set up a postal forwarding service in the North and pay the small fee to have it shipped down?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

DavisBXL wrote: »
    Also if the pound drops with Brexit, couldn't you set up a postal forwarding service in the North and pay the small fee to have it shipped down?

Unless a deal is done, an posts forwarding service need you to have a credit card linked to the account so they can charge revenue fees when needed, Parcel Wizard are closing up shop and Parcel Motel are possibly closing up/considering their options. It would have to be a hell of a deal for it to be worth it if Britain goes down the WTO route for awhile. If you have family or friends up there or can pick up in a shop up there in person, thats a different story but I think you will be lucky to get an actual deal from the UK mainland for awhile IMO.

Advertisement