Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog parks

• 21-12-2020 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you folks can recommend good dog parks where I can let my setter run off-lead.

He has no recall so it needs to be enclosed and the bigger the better.

I've been to the one in St Anne's Park a few times and it's great but I'm wondering if there are any other decent ones anywhere.

I'm willing to travel to good ones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

According to my sister the one in Corkeagh Park near Clondalkin is very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

How do dog parks work? I was always curious how people keep their dogs safe from aggressive dogs and owners that aren't paying attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

How do dog parks work? I was always curious how people keep their dogs safe from aggressive dogs and owners that aren't paying attention

I do that by staying out of the dog pen lol! :p ... but my dog has good recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I was probably being a bit judgemental of some owners but to be fair I've seen dogs on lead meet another dog and the dog does a textbook broadcast that they're going to want to fight yet the owner can't see in their own dog, what I could see a mile away in a dog I've never met before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was probably being a bit judgemental of some owners but to be fair I've seen dogs on lead meet another dog and the dog does a textbook broadcast that they're going to want to fight yet the owner can't see in their own dog, what I could see a mile away in a dog I've never met before

Yeah I tend to walk earlier to avoid people like this. I’ve been working from home since March and still walk at 7am lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Birdnuts wrote: »
    According to my sister the one in Corkeagh Park near Clondalkin is very good

Walked by one day last week and it looked like there was going to be a fight. There was one agressive dog who should definitely not have been loose. He wasn't an agressive bred, just a very aggressive dog. He was squaring up to a big German shepherd, who for the most part was ignoring him.

Theres a private dog park in Enniskerry, you have to pay for your hour or whatever, but a friend brought her dog she said she would not be comfortable with dogs she did not know, but she said her dog loved Wonder Paws.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Goodigal

There's a nice dog park in Waterstown park in Palmerstown
    Lovely views of the Strawberry Beds in the park itself.
    Not a dog owner so don't know how much control over dogs there are in these spots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Catherine's Park in clonee is great, massive and enclosed. I rarely met an irresponsible owner

Advertisement