Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real world men dying their hair?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I always said I'd never dye my hair. But now that it's getting greyer and greyer... I still wouldn't dye it because it'd look ridiculous. Fair enough when you're young enough, but you end up reaching a point where you have the same problem as Marty Whelan, Philip Schofield, Brian May and Tom Jones, where your hair becomes more and more incongruous with your face, so you suddenly stop dying it and your erstwhile vanity becomes a talking point behind your back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

farmchoice wrote: »
    most woman get their hair dyed by professionals in hairdressers,they know what they are doing and use specialized products.
    some woman do it themselves and to be honest you can often spot these less professional jobs but even then most woman know what they are doing, they were probably dyeing there hair all their adult life and are pretty good at it.

There was a fad for fake tans for a bit, some women you'd swear they applied it without a mirror, in the dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Out of curiousity how do Hollywood actors manage to dye the hair but not come off as so obvious?

or is it a case of if you saw them in person and not through a lens you'd see?

Because they only go a shade or two darker. Nothing drastic. The eyelashes & eyebrows get tinted too so it all evens out & looks good.

Look at any before & afters of Hollywood men & you will see slight changes, but they can make the world of difference.
    It's why alot of women wear mascara. You might be surprised what a small eyelash tint can do for your eyes.

Prince Harry is an example. Could be just different photos but it seems like his beard is naturally more red than his hair. But on his wedding, he looked very matchy matchy.

Domhnall Gleeson is another natural red head with blonde eyelashes & fair eyebrows. He has played parts having brown hair & it still suits him. Because the lashs are tinted & the eyebrows have been darkened.

The Marty Morrissey look is when it has gone very wrong. He scares me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Constantly being asked whether I dye my hair (I don't). It's humiliating and disrespectful for a man to constantly asked this.

Dye it grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

PsychoPete wrote: »
    8509e5cc46911c38ec54a81227ccde37

Rudy-Giuliani-hair-dye-Fox-News-1120.jpg

Any why bother if you're mostly bald?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Out of curiousity how do Hollywood actors manage to dye the hair but not come off as so obvious?

or is it a case of if you saw them in person and not through a lens you'd see?
    Like Tom Cruise doesn't have a single grey hair on this head - come on now Tom :pac:

Probably because ‘they’ don’t dye it. Some Hollywood salon expert charging about $400 an hour with some scientifically enhanced dye that’s about $100 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Chestnut brown seems to be the preferred man hair dye in RTE. Just take a look at Brian Dobson or Paul Reynolds for example a few years back. Not one single man on earth has ever had naturally chestnut brown hair. Ill advised they were but not too bad a look all the same.

Hands up though 🙋🏼*♀️most women I know colour their hair. Some ladies wear wigs, extensions or even fake ponytails for a multitude of reasons.

Having said that 😏 the syrup on yer man from the Seanad Cassidy totally mismatched his face.

Every time I saw him I was reminded of Micky Flanagan 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

it's the modern man unfortunately, weak and effeminate.
    Look at them walking around in jeans that look like girls tights,
    dyed hair and fake teeth it's embarrassing.

The overtly effeminate lads look, I dunno the look is embarrassing. Complete with the tight as **** trousers halfway up their calf muscle, no socks and shiny dressy shoes with that side sweep quiffy comb over look..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

As long as the carpet matches the curtains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

As long as the carpet matches the curtains.

I think the carpet loses the colour last :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

I think the carpet loses the colour last :pac:

Sounds like a grant funded research project for someone (not me).

Advertisement