Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel with proof of delivery.

Options
  • 21-12-2020 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I ordered an item from the UK at the beginning of December and it was delivered to Parcel Motel in Antrim with proof of delivery on December 12th. I contacted them as I did not receive any notifications and they opened a ticket but since then I've heard nothing back. Does anybody know what my rights are here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jbv

My item was in transit for more then a month.
    The customer service is non existent and no communication from Parcel Motel.
    I was advised that I can't claim anything, other then the fee of €4.50.
    In the end I got a reply to one of my emails and got it sorted, took another 2 weeks.
    The box got damaged and they found my item in the storehouse.
    They item was delivered in a different box.
    Your only option is to hope that someone will reply to your messages.
    Be consistent with your messages describing the item and someone will answer.

And stop using Parcel Motel them for future.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Parcel Motel falls apart from November to Jan every year. They cannot handle the surge, like a HSE A&E Dept in flu season.

Itll probably show up in a few weeks. They don't reply during this period.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Invest in a deliverybox from An Post. PM was useful for getting stuff delivered to NI as part of the UK but they're stopping that now due to Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

An item I ordered was also delivered on the 12th.

Received an email on the 14th to say it's in the Dublin depot and then another on the 19th (Saturday night) to say it's ready for collection.

I'd imagine their lockers are in huge demand. I couldn't get to the locker until today so imagine that multiplied by thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Just an update, the parcel arrived today. So it took just under a month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement