Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying spare wheels

Options
  • 21-12-2020 10:12am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get a spare set of wheel for the CX bike so I can pick tyres on the morning of the spin based on the terrain. Problem is the axles are a bit odd, 100mm x 15mm thru axle front and 135mm x 10mm rear, centre lock brakes. Can't find anything with that combination so have a couple of questions;

What adapters can I use to allow a wider range of wheels? Guessing I can use end caps of some kind to bring the 135x10 rear to 148x12 keeping the current skewer, not sure if there are similar options for the 100x15 front.

I'm assuming centre lock and 6 bolt disc brakes end up with the same disc position with respect to frame. I want these to be drop in replacements so wondering are there any other pitfalls to watch out for?

Current wheels are DT Swiss R24s which I find to be solid all rounders. Any recommendations for the second set? Would consider higher spec or lower spec. Currently looking at DT SWISS CR 1600 if I can get the axle issues sorted but open to any suggestions.

Comments

Advertisement