Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon deliveries just left on doorstep

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

MOH wrote: »
    I found it atrocious.

Had a package out for delivery, got a mail saying "we ran into an issue when attempting your delivery. If you have information that would help drivers complete delivery to this address, please update delivery instructions"

Which was obviously impossible since they didn't bother giving me any clue what the issue actually was. For some reason a couple of hours later I decided to check the delivery instructions to see if I'd specified anything, and there was an option to enter a gate code which I presume was specific to my issue. Saying that in the mail would have been helpful.

There was also a radio button for "leave the parcel somewhere safe if I'm not at home". Which I initially ignored since there wasn't any means of specifying where the "somewhere safe" was. Again accidentally discovered that selecting that then brought up a list of options - in defiance of al UI conventions.

The list of options was useless since none of them applied to my situation, the closest was "leave it with caretaker", so I selected that. They totally ignored that an mailed me a few hours later to say the package had been "delivered to my mailroom". Found it on top of the row of postboxes.

The email and website were both really badly implemented, and then they actually ignored the instructions I gave. Not really a great service.

It's the same on the app, the list of options is poor. You can't specify for example to place the delivery in the Green bin.

I was thinking of getting something like the An Post delivery box (which I have), for amazon deliveries, but they're crazy-expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Snotty wrote: »
    Seen an idea recently, one of those garden storage boxes with a padlock and no key, note on top telling the delivery man to put it in box and close the padlock afterwards, nice and simple, but the idea kind of fails when there is more than one delivery that day:D

So something like a minge pad bin with a lockable access hatch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What did i just read.............:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Caranica wrote: »
    Amazon delivery today (own driver) left a book on the doorstep today without ringing the bell. Would easily have fit in the letterbox. Only saw it on ring doorbell, I'm not there so waiting to hear if it's still there from neighbour

Free book so. They will soon learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Wow, today they left a parcel on my doorstep for someone from a completely different street. No knock even. What is going on with them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement