Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back boiler issue

• 21-12-2020 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So my house has oil central heating and a back boiler to my stove in the kitchen.

Issue I have at the moment - Oil seems to heat the radiators fine.
    If I put the stove on the pipes make a number of noises the radiators do not seem to be that hot but the hot water is being spat out into the hot water over flow tank in the attic.

I have seen this issue before but only because the thermostat is set too high so I was thinking the thermostat might be gone anyone know how I would check that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

What is its setting now?
    Keep turning it down until the pump starts, you should also hear a click from the stat, if not, turn the stat up until you hear a click on the way up, if "clicking" OK problem is with wiring or the pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

those pump stats are nearly bomb proof as john says id guess pump

Advertisement